The Signagelive YouTube App allows you to show YouTube videos within your Signagelive Playlist. This allows you to show any YouTube video, live stream or playlist of videos on your digital signage displays.
What will I need?
For watching a video you will need the ‘Embed URL’ of any YouTube video, stream or playlist, which can be obtained by going to the ‘Share’ properties within the video page on YouTube, this can be found by following these instructions:
- Navigate to the video in YouTube
- Select Share
- Copy the ID part of the URL share link (it should read: https://youtu.be/######## or similar)
For watching a playlist you can find this ID from the URL in the navigation menu - it should look something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=######&list=PL########. The main difference between video and playlist IDs is that playlists start with ‘PL’.
For watching videos from a specific YouTuber you will need their username, channels are not supported.
These IDs/values will be required as one of the App preferences that you will need to change along with the ‘Content-Type’.
The YouTube App is available within the Signagelive Marketplace for you to add to your Network now.
The steps to add the App are as follows:
- Login to your Signagelive Network
- Navigate to Content - Playlist - Create/ Edit
- Select the Upload button
- Select ‘From the Marketplace’
- Find the Youtube widget
- Select ‘Add to Network’
- Exit the Marketplace and go to your ‘Recently Added’ folder
How can I use the App?
You can simply add one App or even multiple versions of it to your playlist like you would any other asset, or you can use the Widget icon within the layout creator to add a single, static App to your Layout directly.
What properties can I change within the YouTube App?
You can configure the App properties to show either a single video, live stream or a playlist by pasting the Embed URL, found on the YouTube video itself into the editable properties of the widget.
You can also change other properties, allowing you to amend the following:
- Content type - Select the content type you would like to display from Youtube. This includes Video, Playlist, Users Video, Search.
- Username - This allows you to enter a YouTube Username. Please note that this is not the Channel name.
- Search Phrase - This feature will bring up videos with the search phrase you are using to discover videos on YouTube
- Video/Playlist ID - This will allow you to display Playlists from YouTube. To add a Playlist, open your playlist on YouTube and copy everything past list= in the URL.
- Closed Captions - Enable/Disable closed captions
- Autoloop Video - Enable/Disable Autoloop video
- Modest Branding - This parameter lets you use a YouTube player that does not show a YouTube logo
- Related Videos - This parameter indicates whether the player should show related videos when playback of the initial video ends
Watch our video walk through here:
How can I find out more?
More information about the content and Apps within the Marketplace are available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing email@example.com.