At a high level, we recommend using the following commonly supported file types, however, a full summary of the current support can be found in the following document.
Please Note: The features listed in this article are just some of the items that our Samsung Smart Signage Media Player application can achieve. For a full listing of supported media types and features, please take a look at the following link here.
- Image: JPEG, PNG
- Video: MP4 (H.264), MP4 (H.265) (on Tizen 4K models only)
Please Note: It is strongly recommended that you use videos encoded with the same resolution and FPS for seamless video transitions. This is a recommendation directly from Samsung. Please take a look at our encoding guide for further help.
Media Playback Features
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout support.
- Landscape and portrait support.
- Offline playback of media.
- Widgets from our Marketplace
- Nested and Localised Playlists.
System Management Features
- Remote Firmware Updates.
- The ability to use Screen Control to set screen ON/OFF.
- Scheduled Reboots.
- Remote Screenshots (D, E and F/ Tizen ranges only)
- Wide array of device monitoring and reporting.
For a full list of Samsung SSP displays and their current status within our development plans, click here