At a high level, we recommend using the following commonly supported file types, however, a full summary of the current support can be found in the following document.
- Image: JPEG, PNG
- Video: MP4 (H.264), MP4 (H.265) (on Tizen 4K models only)
Please NoteThe features listed in this article are just some of the items that our Samsung Smart Signage Media Player application can achieve. For a full listing of supported media types and features, please take a look at the following link here.
Please NoteIt is strongly recommended that you use videos encoded with the same resolution and FPS for seemless video transitions. This is a recommendation directly from Samsung. Please take a look at our encoding guide for further help.
Media Playback Features
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout support.
- Landscape and portrait support.
- Offline playback of media.
- Widgets from our Marketplace
- Nested and Localised Playlists.
System Management Features
- Remote Firmware Updates.
- The ability to use Screen Control to set screen ON/OFF.
- Scheduled Reboots.
- Remote Screenshots (D, E, and F/ Tizen ranges only)
- A wide array of device monitoring and reporting.
Please NoteFrom January 2023, Players that do not support higher than TLS 1.0 (Samsung D and E Series) will no longer be able to make use of Web Triggers.
For a full list of Samsung SSP displays and their current status within our development plans, click here
How can I find out more?
You can find out more by visiting our Signagelive for Samsung SSP devices site, or by reading the articles within the Samsung SSP Help Centre Section. You can also contact our Support team here if you need further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.