You can set up a schedule to show a layout between certain times of the day and even on certain days of the week. You can also create multiple schedules to show different layouts at different times of the day. This article will explain how to create those schedules and publish your Layout.
Watch this video to learn more about using the Publisher to publish your Layout between certain dates and times:
From the Signagelive Dashboard page:
Select Content > Publish
You will then be presented with a series of 3 steps:
Step 1: How/When - When do you want this content to play?
- In this interface, choose Between the chosen dates and times and you will then be asked to select a Start / End date for the schedule. Leave the settings at their current values if you wish this schedule to play with no specified end date and time, once downloaded to your player.
Please NoteTo show your scheduled layout on a varying week by week rotation, see our guide on using this feature, found in Step 1, here.
Step 2: What (Content) - What do you want to publish?
- Click on the Step 2 tab to open the options for this step
- Choose Layout
- Once selected, you will see a preview of the selected Layout on the left. You will now need to fill the layout with content using the sidebar and dropdowns on the right hand side of the preview.
- Tip: You can click on the zones within the preview to extend each section and apply content to it if you would like
Step 3: Where - Which Players do you want to publish to?
- Now choose Select Players
- Pick the player(s) you would like to send your content to
- Click OK to confirm
- Press the Review & Publish button, to see a summary of the options you have chosen above
- Click on the green, Publish to Players option in the bottom right of your screen to push the scheduled out to the chosen player(s)
Your content is now being processed by our servers queuing system, and should be downloaded to your players local storage shortly. The time this takes will be dependant on the Content Check interval you have applied to your player, along with the processing of the content on our back-end server.