Please Note:If changing the timezone on a ChromeOS Player, please ensure this is changed in both the Signagelive Settings Menu and in the Organisational Unit timezone settings within the Google Admin Console
The timezone settings on our ChromeOS client work slightly differently to our other supported Players. Changing the timezone of the client itself will have no impact on Player behaviour, this is simply the time that is reported back to the Status tab of your Player within Signagelive, the Info Pane of your Player (accessed by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + 1) and returned to the Player details via our API.
Therefore, if the timezone set in the Google Admin Console differs from the timezone configured in Signagelive this means that the timezone visible within the Signagelive UI (on the Status tab) or on the Info Pane of the Player will not reflect the actual timezone of the Player.
To ensure optimum performance and accurate timezone reporting, please ensure that both the timezone set within the Signagelive Settings Menu and within the Organisational Unit of the Player within the Google Admin Console match.
How to change the timezone of the Signagelive ChromeOS Client on your device
- Plug a USB keyboard into your Player (or remote onto the device via the Google Admin Console)
- Whilst Signagelive is running, press CTRL + SHIFT + 2
- Select your desired timezone from the drop-down menu
- Press Save
How to change the timezone of a Player within the Google Admin Console
Please note the location of some of the menu items below will depend on whether you have re-organised or pinned any items within your Google Admin Console. If your device is not yet configured within the Google Admin Console, please see this article.
- Log into the Google Admin Console
- From the left-hand menu panel, select Devices
- Select Chrome from the drop-down menu
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Select Device
- Select the Organisational Unit in which your device has been configured
- Under the Device Settings tab, select Edit in Legacy View next to Timezone
- Below the Other Settings, select your timezone from the System timezone drop-down menu
- Press Save