Microsoft Power BI is a great tool to present graphs and data information in an ‘easy on the eye’ format, with colour coding and filters. To help you make use of Power BI within your organisation, Signagelive has created this simple-to-use app.
Please NoteThis App is only for the sharing of a URL made public. The authenticated version is still being developed and we hope to release updates for this shortly.
Adding the Power BI App to your network
First, you will need to locate the Power BI App within the Marketplace and add it to your network.
If you’re unsure where to find the Marketplace, or how you can add the content within to your network, please see this guide.
How to Set Up the Power BI App
You can configure the Power BI App within your library, or you can drag it into a Playlist. From there you can double click on the App to open its properties.
The first box you can see is the ‘Content to Embed’ section. You can follow the steps below to populate this box.
- Navigate to https://app.powerbi.com/
- Enter your Login details
- Open your project
- Select File, then Embed Report, then Publish to Web (Public)
- PowerBI will then generate an embed link
- Copy the URL under "Link you can send in an email"
- Add this URL to the Content to Embed field of the PowerBI Widget
Once you’ve added the URL, you can configure the other properties:
- Allow Widget to Refresh - This will refresh according to the time you set as the Refresh Interval
- Refresh Interval (mins) - How often you’d like it to refresh.
- You can also set any other Conditions or Scheduling options.
That’s it! You can save your Playlist to update, and go to the Publish section to make it live across your screens.
Please NoteSizing of the project will not affect the size of the App as it will be scaled appropriately.
Please NotePower BI will not work on LG WebOS 2, Tizen 2.4, or Philips D Line.
How can I find out more?
More information about the content and Apps within the Marketplace is available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing email@example.com.