Most common authenticator apps offer multi-device capabilities so you don’t have to do anything when using a new device. Please refer to your authenticator app documentation for further details.
If your authenticator app doesn’t offer multi-device capabilities please disable 2FA on your user profile before deleting the account on the old device as a verification code is needed in order to disable 2FA in Signagelive, then re-enable it as usual using the new device; it is then safe to remove the previous account from the previous device. The exact step by step process would be:
- Disable 2FA on your user profile in Signagelive. A code from the old device is needed.
- Delete any recovery code previously saved (these were generated when 2FA was enabled)
- Delete the account on the old device
- Enable 2FA on your user profile in Signagelive.
- Scan the QR code on the new device
- Enter a code from the new device and save the new recovery codes