We have now added the ability to connect an additional storage device to your panel and switch the application to use this. The benefit of doing this is that you can increase the storage available to use for your media, whereas the panels depending on model range from 2GB (D Models) to 5.35GB (E Models).
How to switch the application to use external storage?
To be able to use external storage via the Signagelive application on your Samsung panel, you will need to:
- Power on your panel and allow the Signagelive application to load.
- Please now press the red button on your Samsung remote and the Signagelive Settings screen will load.
- On the Settings screen, there are several options. The one you will need to use is the Media File Storage tick box, this will only show if you have a storage device connected.
- Please now use the Up/Down arrows on your remote to select which device you would like to use for your external storage.
- When you are finished you can now save your changes by clicking the Save button and on doing this you will return to the application playing your content.
- The application will then begin transferring your media to the new external storage device.