When you are given access to Signagelive as a User (any role), you will be emailed and will have to click the activation link to activate your Signagelive account. Once you have activated your account, you’ll need to set a secure password. This password must be made up of the following:
- Your password must have a minimum of 8 characters.
- Your password must include at least 1 uppercase letter.
- Your password must include at least 1 lowercase letter.
- Your password must include at least 1 number.
- Your password must include at least 1 special character. (e.g. *%£@ etc. Please do not use > or " as these may be confused for HTML and denied )
A password needs to be "Strong" in order to be valid. Password length, uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters all give "points". You need a certain number of "points" for a strong password. However, you may find your password meets the above minimum requirements but it's still not complex enough, for example: A-bcde1 won't be accepted despite meeting the minimums. Try to increase its complexity by altering letters order or adding more digits. Don't worry! the password level is displayed in real time when typing.
As an Administrator, when you create a new User account for a Local User or a Custom RSS editor, you will also be asked to set a Password for this User and must adhere to the above Password guidelines.
What is a Special Character?
This is any non-alphanumeric character on your keyboard, so not any letters between A-Z, not number keys between 0-9. Accepted special characters are any other symbol that is on your keyboard, such as *%£@.