There are many ways that we can identify the current status of your Player by looking at the Player Dashboard, this article looks at the key identifiers for you to watch out for.
From the Payer Dashboard, the following icons can give you some really useful insight into a Player's status:
- Content Icon - Green - This shows that a Player has successfully downloaded its latest published content. You would expect to see the Playlist or Layout that you last published showing on this Player.
- Content Icon - Red - This shows that a Player has not yet downloaded its latest published content. The reasons for this may be:
- Player has not yet completed download, in which case, wait a while longer. If you have sent a large amount of content, or your Player has a limited network connection, the content may take longer to download
- Player has not yet performed its scheduled Content Check, see this article for more details
- The Player is not powered on - this would stop a Player from downloading its last published content
- The Player is not connected to a network - - this would stop a Player from downloading its last published content
- Reboot - this shows when a Player was last rebooted
- Content Check - Green - This shows a Content Check was performed as expected, at its scheduled time and as such should have downloaded or be downloading its last published content
- Content Check - Red - This shows that the Player has missed a Content Check, this could be for a number of reasons:
- The Player is not powered on - this would stop it from performing its scheduled Content Checks
- The Player is not connected to a network - this would stop it from performing its scheduled Content Checks
- This Player is currently downloading its last published content. A Player will not perform a Content Check during content download.
- CPU - shows the percentage of CPU usage, will only be reported once Player is rebooted following activation. If your CPU usage is not reported, be sure to reboot your Player
- Important note: Some Players (ie. SSSP,webOS and other SoC Players) core function is to display content and as such may lead to CPU usage being displayed as high (eg. 95%), this is not always something to be alarmed by as the Player is dedicating its total resources to displaying content.
- Memory - Shows Players available Memory disk space as of the last reboot
- Disk - Shows Players available Disk Space as of the last reboot
- Temp - Shows Players last reported temperature (as of the last reboot), this is only applicable to embedded media players (SSSP, webOS and other SoC Players) that receive the information directly from the display
- Renewal Date - Shows a Players licence expiry date
What should I be looking out for?
The key indicators to make sure your Players are performing correctly and displaying their content as expected are:
- Content icon - Should show green to show the Player has downloaded its latest content
- Content Checks - should show green to show the Player is online and checking in to Signagelive for new content as frequently as expected
- Health Checks - should show green to show the Player is online and checking in to Signagelive as frequently as expected