What is a Localised Playlist?
A Localised Playlist is similar to a Nested Playlist, in that you can embed one Playlist within another. A Localised Playlist, however, gives you added functionality in comparison to a Nested Playlist, as you dictate which Players it is assigned to, and in turn, which Local Users are able to access and edit this Localised Playlist.
You can have one, or multiple Localised Playlists within another Playlist, so one or more Local Users can contribute their own content to your Playlist.
The following information will guide you through the steps required to set up your Local Users, Localised Playlists and how to update each.
How do I create a local User?
Each Local User is assigned to a Player or Players and can access ONLY the Local Playlists that are associated with those Players. You should create a Local User in order to be able to associate your Players and Playlists to them accordingly. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Signagelive Network (as an Administrator)
- Select Settings
- Select Users
- Select Create User
- Enter First Name
- Enter Last Name
- Choose Local User from the privileges list
- Enter and confirm the email address
- Select Create User (top right of page)
You will be shown a notification to confirm the completion of the user creation and the new user will receive an email (to the address given during the creation), requesting activation of their new account.
How do I create a Localised Playlist?
Once in the Flash UI, you can simply add a Localised Playlist asset to a new or existing Playlist by following these steps:
- Log in to your Signagelive Network (as an Administrator or User)
- Select Content
- Select Playlist
- Navigate to Create/ Edit (Old)
- Create a new, or open an existing Playlist
- Select the Control Assets Folder on the left of your Playlist Creator screen
- Drag a Localised Playlist Asset into your Playlist Timeline and follow the next steps to configure it
What added controls will I have access to?
Once you have added a Localised Playlist, you’ll be given a list of configurable properties to edit, here are the options available to you:
- Name - This is the title given to the Localised Playlist created and added to your initial Playlist
- Create a Playlist per Player - Choose either Yes or No, depending on whether you wish to have the same Localised Playlist showing on all the players selected (in following steps), or to create a new, Localised Playlist per player selected
- Maximum Number of Assets - dictates maximum number of assets that can be added to this Localised Playlist
- Playback Mode - Choose to either play all the assets within the Localised Playlist on each rotation of your initial Playlist OR to play only one asset each time, playing the next asset each rotation of the initial Playlist
- Playback Duration - Allows you to set whether content should play to length or play to a set duration
- Play Order - Choose to play assets in Normal, Random, Reverse or to only play Top X (given number of assets upon each play of the Localised Playlist)
- Select Players - By selecting this option, you will be taken to the Player Selection screen, where you can select which players to associate with this Localised Playlist
How do I select which players to choose?
During the configuration of your Localised Playlist, you are able to choose which player/s are given access to this Localised Playlist. During the Localised Playlist config, follow these steps to learn how to select your players:
- Navigate to ‘Select Players’
- Click ‘search’ button to reveal all players on your Network
- Drag (or select plus button of) Player/s you wish to associate with Localised Playlist into the ‘Selected Players’ column
- Click Ok when correct player/s are added
How do I add content to my Localised Playlist?
Whether you chose to create a new Playlist, or add an existing one to your initial Playlist, you will need to open the Playlist that the Localised Playlist is directed to in order to add content to it.
Follow these steps to learn how:
- Log in to your Signagelive Network (as Local User)
- Open the required Playlist from the selection available to you as the Local User (this list will be populated by whichever Playlists you, as a Local User, are given access to)
- You can add or remove any media within this Playlist before previewing and saving the changes.
- Once saved, the content will dynamically be updated within any Playlists your Localised Playlist is currently part of.
What happens if my Playlist is left blank?
If either the Localised Playlist is left empty, the content from the ‘Master’ Playlist will continue to run, but skip over the Localised Playlist ‘folder’. The same applies if you leave the ‘Master’ Playlist is empty, the content of the Localised Playlist will loop continuously within its published schedule.