You can use the Slack App to integrate directly with your Slack account, and display your various posts on screen via Signagelive.
First of all, you’ll need to add the Slack app to your account from the Signagelive Marketplace. If you’re unfamiliar with how to do this, please see this guide.
Once you have added the Slack app to your network, you can either configure it in your Library or within your Playlist. To do either, simply double click to enter the asset properties, and follow the steps below.
Authenticating your Account
To Authenticate your account, please follow this link to our Authentication App.
Once you have configured your Account, you will be given a Token. You can copy and paste this Token into the relevant section of the Asset properties.
*Please Note: Authentication must be carried out by a Slack Administrator. If this is you, great. If not, you can share the link above and request the Token by return.
Adding the Channel Tag
The Channel Tag is what directs Signagelive to particular Channel you want to share content from. This Tag can be obtained from Slack itself:
- Go into your Slack account
- Click on the Channel you would like to share
- Go to the URL for the Channel, and Copy the Tag (the collection of numbers that follow the ‘slack.com/messages/’ portion of the URL)
- Paste the Channel Tag into the Channel Tag box on the Slack App.
Once you’ve added the Token and Channel Tag, you can configure the other options:
- Content Background Colour.
- Footer Background Colour
- Number of Messages to Display.
- Post Display Time (Which can be defined in seconds).
You can now publish the App as part of a playlist, and it will automatically take posts from Slack and display them on your screen
How can I find out more?
You can learn more about the Marketplace by visiting this article in our Help Centre. Or by speaking to our Support Team on the Live Chat, or by email (email@example.com).