The interactive kiosk mode is designed for interactive kiosks use-cases. While in interactive kiosk mode the Signagelive client will show static, scheduled content when it is not being used and interactive content such as a web application when it is.
Enabling Interactive Kiosk Mode
Interactive kiosk mode can be enabled or disabled on the client at anytime. To enable kiosk mode:
- Attach a keyboard and mouse to your BrightSign Player that is already running Signagelive.
- Press CTRL + S to open the Settings menu.
- Enable the checkbox for interactive kiosk mode.
- Set the desired inactivity timeout.
Scheduling interactive content to your kiosk
All default and scheduled content that is scheduled to your player will play as normal while the kiosk is in an idle state (not being used).
You will need to publish an interrupt to your player, which is triggered automatically in Signagelive when someone interacts with the kiosk. In order to publish an interrupt for the interactive content that shows on the player when it is being used:
- In Signagelive, go to Content > Publish > Schedules & Interrupts.
- Choose to show the content As The Result of a Trigger.
- Select to show the interrupt With a key press and on the next screen select Key T.
- You do not need to set a key to stop the interrupt and you can either choose to play to the length of the asset or playlist or for a specified duration.
- On the next screen choose the asset, playlist or layout that you would like to show on the kiosk while it is in an active state.
- Select your kiosk player and press Publish.
Once the content has successfully published, you can trigger the interrupt by either touching the screen (if touchscreen is supported on your hardware) or by clicking an attached mouse.