Using Real Time Events (RTEs) you can send messages via the local network on the player using TCP based on any of 4 events occurring (please see this overview article for a full explanation).
TCP commands can be used to package commands and send them over your LAN. This is particularly helpful for commands to hardware that needs to travel longer distances, and can’t be delivered via serial due to physical restrictions.
To configure an RTE for TCP, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Signagelive network
- Go to Settings > Real Time Events
- Click on the blue + button, and select ‘Custom Event’
- Name your event (this will be saved as a template for reuse)
- Select whether it is to be ‘Enabled On All Supported Players and Assets’
- You now have a choice of when the RTE is to occur, select the appropriate tab from Asset Download, Asset Start, Asset Complete, Asset Remove.
- Within the tab, select ‘TCP’
Here you can now complete the relevant sections - devices can be targeted using the Local IP, Port and tthe Commands you set.
End of Line - how the string that you send is terminated
Please Note: These should be created under settings so that the template can be used elsewhere.
This will enable the RTEs across all supported players and assets on your Signagelive network. You enable this by:
- Going to Settings > Real Time Events
- Select the RTE you would like to configure.
- Select the tick box labelled ‘Enabled On All Supported Players and Assets’
This will enable RTEs across the player(s) that you choose. You can do this by:
- Going to Network > Manage
- Selecting the Player you would like configure.
- Navigate to the ‘Real Time Events’ tab on the far right.
- Select the RTEs that you would like to enable.
Please Note: Only players that Support Real Time Events will show the RTE tab.
This will send the RTE for all assets on the player by default.
This will enable RTEs on the specific Media Assets that you select, and will therefore apply whenever the asset is published to a supporting Player.
- Go to Content > Playlists.
- Select the desired Media Asset(s) from your Library and double click to open the Properties.
- Go to the Real Time Events Tab
- Click the blue + button
- Select from Template or Custom Events
- Select or configure the desired event.
Please Note: It is recommended that you create these as templates for the whole network using the numbered steps at the top above. This ensures that the RTEs you create can be reused or applied to different assets. If you create them against specific assets, they cannot be transferred and will need to be created again.
How do I find out more?
There’s more information available within our Help Centre section here. You can also reach out to your Signagelive Account Manager directly, or reach out via our Contact Page with some background info and we’ll be in touch at the earliest.