Whether you have a single device or thousands, Signagelive is simple to use and that remains irrespective of the scale of your network. It’s always important when starting your trial to consider how your overall requirements will be best met by our platform.
A successful experience needs to ensure the following criteria remain at the forefront of your mind, and it is these fundamentals we are always keen to help with.
- Ease of use
- Time efficient scheduling
The following article will highlight the best practices you should consider when looking to implement, or increase, the devices on your network. Having hundreds, even thousands of devices running on Signagelive is easy, so let us work with you to ensure your success now and in the future.
Configuring the devices is easy
When configuring your devices this should NOT be a difficult process, and we would strongly recommend you watch our ‘unboxing to activation code’ video tutorials to make this easy for you. You can find these articles and video tutorials here on our Signagelive Help Centre.
Creating Networks need not be time consuming
A successful network that will meet our outlined criteria, will have at its core an understanding of what the key drivers behind your scheduling requirements are, which will we discuss further in the article.
Getting your network in a position to simply activate a large volume of devices to the right location, and removing the worry of how long this is going to take is easy. We can work with you to create a spreadsheet of intended device names, location, contact detail and tags and then we can use this auto-create your entire network for you.
This process can be achieved on an unlimited number of devices, so all you need to do is add your licences to your network and then provide us with the device information spreadsheet and we can take care of the rest. You will then be in a position to activate your device against the configured Player information on your Signagelive network.
- You need to add your purchases Signagelive licences to your designated network.
- We will provide you a spreadsheet template with your licence information, which will ask you to provide device information, such as Name, Address Location, References and Tags.
- We will then apply this to your network for you, and your network will be set up for you.
- You are then in a position to activate your configured players to your device locations easily.
Are you over complicating your scheduling?
As mentioned, a successful network needs to be both scalable and easy to manage. Don’t get yourself to a stage where you’re updating fifty playlists, when the scheduling can be achieved in just a few using our advanced scheduling capabilities. Signagelive is developed to be simple with a rich feature set of scheduling techniques, so if you have a thousand devices then we can make sure your schedule is as easy as if you were publishing to a single player.
When working on your scheduling, we would recommend you ask yourself the following:
- What are the similarities and differences between your device locations?
- Will all locations get the same content, or will a percentage of the content be the same, but in some cases vary?
- What is methodology behind the differences, are you targeting certain content based on location, position installed, amount of people that will see the signage or another criteria?
- Are you scheduling the same asset repeatedly, when ideally it can be done once?
- Are you targeting content via device tagging, or simply creating a new Playlist each and every time?
It’s these kinds of qualification questions that we pride ourselves on helping with. We are just as keen as you to ensure this is a success, so let us help - whether you know your scheduling requirements or not, we will work with you to deliver the best solution for now and the future.
Does your network help you to be efficient?
When you created your network you would have added licences, activated and published content, which is great but there’s so much more that can be done to make your experience easier.
- Are your devices named in the best way to help with searching and publishing?
- Does the device naming help everyone on the network identify what and where the devices are located easily?
- Are you using folders to manage your Players, Media and Publishing in the best way?
- Are the connectivity settings set correctly on your Players, and have you enabled Remote Screenshots?
We can help you with all of the above and as part of your communication with us, we will proactively ensure these types of questions and considerations are at the forefront of your experience with Signagelive.