This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your LG webOS displays using a USB key to work with Signagelive.
Why would I want to use a USB device to configure my displays?
If you are configuring multiple LG webOS Players and wish to speed up or simplify the process, we would recommend you use the USB auto configuration method.
How does the USB Auto Configuration work?
You can simply add the configuration file to your USB device, insert into the USB slot on your LG webOS Player and power on. This configuration will then be applied and Signagelive will be the default application whenever this Player is powered on, in future.
How Can I use the USB Auto Configuration?
To set up your LG webOS Player/s using USB Autoconfiguration, please follow the steps below:
- Download the scap_installation.json setup file from here.
- Copy the scap_installation.json file to the root of a blank USB drive.
We recommend using a USB drive that is formatted using the FAT32 filesystem.
- Insert the USB drive into any USB slot on your LG webOS Player
- Turn the screen on and wait for the screen to fully boot up
- You will see a message in the top-right corner stating ‘USB device connected’
- After a few moments, the screen will automatically download, install and start the Signagelive media player
On webOS 3.0+ screens (2017+) inserting the USB stick on first boot up from factory default settings will skip the initial setup wizard and default the following additional settings:
- Language - English
- Continent - North America
- Country - USA
- Timezone - -
- OSD Portrait Mode - Off
- Content Rotation - Off
- Internet Connection Type - Wired (Ethernet)
- On Timer - Off
- Off Timer - Off