This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your LG webOS displays using a USB key to work with Signagelive.
Why would I want to use a USB device to configure my displays?
If you are configuring multiple LG webOS Players and wish to speed up or simplify the process, we would recommend you use the USB auto configuration method.
How does the USB Auto Configuration work?
You can simply add the Autoconfiguration file to your USB device, insert into the USB slot on your LG webOS Player and power on. This configuration will then be applied and Signagelive will be the default application whenever this Player is powered on in the future.
How Can I use the USB Auto Configuration?
To set up your LG webOS Player/s using USB Autoconfiguration, please follow the steps below:
- Download the template scap_installation.json file:
- For webOS 3+ if you need to change any of the default device settings such as language or timezone:*
- Open the downloaded file in a text editor
- Manually change the required settings
- Copy the scap_installation.json file to the root of your USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of the signage device.
- Turn on your signage device. The server settings defined in the scap_installation.json file will be loaded on the device automatically.
- Language - English
- Continent - North America
- Country - USA
- Timezone - -
- OSD Portrait Mode - Off
- Content Rotation - Off
- Internet Connection Type - Wired (Ethernet)
- On Timer - Off
- Off Timer - Off
Firmware must be updated separately from the auto-setup process. The firmware update process is documented in the Signagelive help centre.