When constructing your Playlist Timeline you also have the ability to use a feature called Conditional Assets. The Conditional Assets feature allows you to apply tags (keywords) to your media assets on the Playlist Timeline and allow you to set conditions on whether these files will be allowed to play or not player on your registered Players.
The conditions that make up the Conditional Playback feature are as follows:
- Validity Period - Allows you to determine when a media asset is active with a Valid From: and Valid To: field. This function allows you to add expiry dates to your media.
- Recurrence - Allow you to determine when a media asset will be allowed to player over the course of a 7 day period. You can select your media to run on certain days and between a Start and End time to filter when your media is allowed to play.
- Matching Tags - Allows you to determine whether a media asset will be allowed to play on all players, or players that match or do not match a specific tag (key word).
Watch how to set Recurrence Periods on your Assets:
Read How to set Assets to have a Recurrence Periods:
To set your assets to use the Matching Tag Conditional Playback feature within the Conditional Playback tools you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Firstly please click on the Content menu and then from the drop-down select Playlists.
- From the Playlists menu option, please click on Create/Edit and you will be automatically moved to the Playlist Creator on your network.
- Please now add the asset you wish to assign Matching Tag Conditional Playback to your Playlist Timeline at the bottom of the screen. To help you identify this the Playlist Timeline is coloured yellow and provides the timings for the assets when they are added.
- Once the asset has been added to your timeline, please right click this asset.
- After clicking this asset you will be presented with a menu and from this you will need to click the Conditional Playback option.
After selecting, a Conditional Playback window will appear with two tabs contained. These tabs are Conditional Playback and Playback conditions.
On the Playback Conditions tab, you will notice three options:
- Play on all Players: If you select this option (which is the default setting) you will expect your selected media asset to play on all players regardless of any tags that have been configured.
- Only player on players matching tag: If you select this option you can specify that your selected media asset will only play on the players that match your added tag. It the tag you specify matches that of the tags associated with the registered players, then this media asset will play.
- Don’t play on players matching tag: If you select this option you can specify that your selected media asset will not player on the players that match your added tag. It the tag you specify matches that of the tags associated with the registered players, then this media asset will not play.
If you are selecting either Only Play on Players matching tag or Don’t play on players matching tag then you will need to add a tag (keyword) into the available area.
- You can add your tag into the available area to act as your keyword to match with your players. At the moment you can only enter singular tags.
- When you have added your tag, you can then click on the Save button to save your work.
- When you are adding tags into the available Only Play on Players matching tag or Don’t play on players matching areas you will find that by typing the first letter of possible tags you will be presented with an auto-complete list so that you can begin to match up your asset and player tags.
- For example if you have a player tags of Reception, Room102, Room105, Room109, RearExit and were only type in the R key character to the text box, then a list of all of these options would be made available to you to make things easier.
You've now successfully added the Matching Tab option to one of your assets. You will now find that simply hovering over your assets with Conditional Playback set to see an overview of your Matching Tag Period settings for the asset.