This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your Brightsign device to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the devices’ out the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support (email@example.com) or Sales team for further advice.
Step 1: Check and update firmware
Begin by powering on your supported BrightSign device without a micro SD card inserted, this will lead the Player to power on and show the hardware information and the current Firmware version on the connected display.
We recommend that you update your Brightsign device to the latest firmware before configuring Signagelive, you can download the latest firmware files below and instructions for the update process can be found here.
LS3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_ls3_update_7.1.65.zip
HD3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_hd3_update_7.1.65.zip
XD3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_xd3_update_7.1.65.zip
XT3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_xt3_update_7.1.65.zip
HO3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_ho3_update_7.1.65.zip
HS3 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_hs3_update_7.1.65.zip
XD4 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_xd4_update_7.1.65.zip
XT4 - http://downloads.signagelive.com/brightsign_xt4_update_7.1.65.zip
Step 2: Set timezone and network configuration and run the Signagelive client application
Use the Signagelive BrightSign config tool to set the timezone settings on your BrightSign Player. To do this, you will require the following:
- BrightSign Player
- Micro SD card
- Laptop and micro SD card reader
Follow the steps below to configure the settings of your BrightSign Player:
- Open the BrightSign Config Tool
- In the Configuration section, select the timezone of the Player you are configuring
- Press ‘Generate’ button under the timezone drop down.
- This will create a file named ‘settings.json’ which will be added to your downloads
By default the player is configured to connect using the ethernet port and DHCP. Should you need to change the network settings or are using the Brightsign wifi module, please see the optional network configuration setup at the end of this article then continue with the Signagelive setup.
- Download the latest Signagelive Client here.
- Open the Signagelive App zip folder on your laptop and ‘extract all’ to the root of the micro SD card. (The "root" is the directory you open to when you first open the micro SD card)
- Create a folder on the root of your micro SD card and name it ‘data’ (see the section titled “What will be on my micro SD card when configuring all the above?” if you are unsure where to create the data folder).
- Add the settings.json file from your downloads folder to the data folder on the micro SD card.
- Optionally if you generated one add the network.json file to the data folder.
- Remove the micro SD card from your laptop and insert into the powered off BrightSign Player
- Power on your BrightSign Player
Your player will now launch and after downloading it’s content, will show the Signagelive activation code.This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the display has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.
What will be on my micro SD card when configuring all the above?
Your micro SD card should have the following structure:
- network.json - optional if you configured the network
Optional Steps - Network Configuration
- Open the BrightSign Config Tool
- Configure the Networking options for your Player, choosing either:
- Static IP
- If choosing Static IP, enter all other configuration options
- Wifi - Requires optional Wifi Adapter Module
- If choosing Wifi, add SSID and Passphrase details
- This will create a file named ‘network.json’ which will be added to your downloads
How can I get further support?
For further support, see the Signagelive for BrightSign section of the Help Centre. You can learn more about BrightSign Player configuration options in the BrightSign Tips and Tricks article. You can also speak with our Support team via Live chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.