How do I set or change my device’s time, date or timezone?
The following guide lists the steps required to update the date, time or timezone on your BrightSign device.
To achieve this, you will require a Micro SD Card and reader along with the script package, downloadable here.
To manually set the time/ date, please follow these instructions:
- Download this script.
- Open the SetDateAndTime.txt file in notepad.
- Specify the time and time zone for the player. The script is set to 1920x1080x60p video mode. If your screen doesn't support this resolution, change the video mode in the script (line 6). This FAQ lists all supported resolutions.
- Save the changes.
- Copy the config files onto a blank SD card. The files must be copied to the root directory of SD card, not in a folder.
- Insert the SD card in the unit and power up the unit.
- Leave the unit powered on for 4 hours, until it shows the correct time.
How do I update the firmware of my device?
In order for your BrightSign device to optimally work with Signagelive, you will need to ensure that it is using the latest firmware available from BrightSign. You can download the firmware files from the BrightSign Knowledge Base before following the instructions below to update the firmware of your device.
- Download the correct firmware file from the BrightSign download page that corresponds with the model number of your BrightSign player.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the .bsfw file to the root directory of your SD/microSD card.
- Insert the card into your BrightSign player.
- Power on the BrightSign player.
- The Pwr LED will flash during the update process to let you know the update is taking place.
How can I get further support?
If you have any additional questions about changing the configuration of your BrightSign Player, please consult the BrightSign Knowledge Base, or speak with the Signagelive Support team via Live Chat or by emailing them (firstname.lastname@example.org)