With the Signagelive for LG webOS, it is possible to check your version and updated the firmware at any time. Within the following guide, we will show you how to check both your current firmware version and then perform a firmware update.
How do I check my Firmware version?
It is possible to check the signage firmware of your LG webOS panel from the information application by carrying out the following steps:
- Press Home on the remote control.
- Now need to select the Information application
In the Information Application the firmware versions are listed are:
- Software Version: SoC Firmware Version
- Micom Version: Micom Firmware Version
You can now reference both of these versions to then understand what firmware version you have installed on your LG webOS panel.
How do I perform a Firmware Update?
You will first need to download the correct Firmware update file for your display via LG and then will need to follow the steps below:
- To begin, please find your model on this spreadsheet, and download the corresponding firmware.
- Once you have downloaded your relevant firmware, please copy or move the downloaded firmware image file to its relevant path
- If your current SoC firmware version is earlier than v02.00.00 then please store the image file within the /LG_DTV directory of the USB memory stick.
- If your current SoC firmware version is v02.00.00 or later then please store the image file within the /LG_MONITOR directory of the USB memory stick.
- Please insert the USB Memory stick with your downloaded firmware version to your LG webOS signage player and the software update application will launch automatically.
- If the software update application doesn't launch automatically then see instructions below to launch the update utility manually.
- Once the Update window appears, please now click the Update button and then when the update is complete the LG webOS player will be automatically rebooted.
- If the current SoC firmware version v02.00.37 or earlier then please repeat steps 3 and 4 again after rebooting.
- If you have v02.00.37 or an earlier version of the LG webOS signage then please do not update both the SoC firmware and Micom firmware at the same time. Therefore, the update will update will need to be performed twice and the Micom firmware version will be updated after the second firmware update.
Can I disable Remote Firmware Updates?
As part of the new LG webOS client (version 1.6 Build 240) released on the 3rd May 2016), we have added the ability for users to disable remote firmware updates within the Signagelive application. You can read more on enabling or disabling this, below.
The benefit of this being added is that it puts you in control of whether you would like to automatically download any new firmware from Signagelive as and when we have tested newer firmware for your panels and we're happy this will cause no problems for you.
How do I enable or disable remote firmware updates?
To be able to disable remote firmware updates on your LG webOS panel, you will need to:
- Power on your LG panel and allow the LG application to load.
- Please now press the blue button on your LG remote and the Signagelive Settings screen will load.
- On the Settings screen there are several options. The one you will need to use is the Remote Firmware Updates tick box.
- If the option is set as ticked then Remote Firmware Updates will be enabled, if unticked then it will be disabled for you. Please set this on your panel as per your preference.
- To save your changes, please now click the Save button and you will return to the application playing your content.