To install Signagelive as a Chrome packaged app on a non-managed device (Chromebox, Chromebook, Windows PC, Mac), have a look at this instructional video:
Text instructions for installing Signagelive for Chrome on your Chrome OS Player, PC or Mac can be found below:
- To begin please ensure that the Google Chrome Browser is installed. Chrome can be downloaded and installed from here the following link.
- Please then open the Chrome browser on your device and then navigate to the Chrome Webstore. You can navigate directly to the following URL: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/
- Within the available "Search the Store" search function, please type in Signagelive and then proceed with your search.
- The Signagelive application for Chrome should now appear as an Application and to begin your installation you will need to click on the + Free button.
- After clicking the + Free button you will receive a "Confirm New App" confirmation window asking if you would like to add Signagelive to your Chrome device. To proceed press click on the Add button.
- After clicking the application will begin to install and you will see the Chrome App Launcher menu appear and the progress of Signagelive as it installs to your device. You will also see a green notification for the application being installed in the web store.
After the installation has completed you will be able to run Signagelive from either the Chrome App Launcher or the Chrome Apps tab. When you run Signagelive on your Chrome Player for the first time then our application will begin to run through the installation process:
- The first screen you will see is the Signagelive ChromeOS Setup window, which offers you the opportunity to set your timezone and screen rotation. Once you have made your required settings, please click on the Save button to proceed.
- After clicking Save, your screen will now turn black and you will see a series of installation messages such as Registering with Signagelive and Downloading Content.
- Once the installation has completed you will now be presented with a 6 digit activation code which you can link to a Signagelive licence within your network.
Installing Signagelive as a packaged app on a managed device.
For managed Chromebooks and Chromeboxes, it is possible to configure Signagelive as a pre-installed App using the Google Admin console.
Detailed instructions about the process can be found here.