Another feature of Signagelive when publishing scheduled content, is the ability to add recurrence. Within your Signagelive Network, you have the ability to add schedule recurrence which allows you to setup your content to run on specific days and times and allow you to swap between different content (from Playlist to Layout, for example) during different times of the day.
How to access the Recurrence feature?
To use the Recurrence feature within the Publish process, follow these steps:
- Select the Content menu, whilst logged in to your Signagelive Network as a User or Administrator
- Select Publish
- When asked when you want your content to play?, select 'Between the chosen dates and times'
- Select a start and end date for your schedule
- You can select 'until further notice' if you want this schedule to run indefinitely
- Select 'Play on selected days' within the Days options
- Select whichever days you wish your schedule to apply to
- Select 'Play all day' if you wish your content to show all day on the selected days or select 'Play between selected times' if you wish to choose a time within each selected day for your scheduled content to show
Once you have confirmed your Recurrence within your Schedule, you can continue configuring your schedule before publishing, for further instructions, have a look at this section.
Now that you have learned to add recurrence to one schedule, you can set up and publish as many schedules as required to fill your day and manage changes between your Playlists and Layouts at timed intervals.
The alternative method to using Published Scheduled changes would be to use Interrupts to cause these changes to happen following an interaction (see Web Triggers) rather than setting a time criteria.