Microsoft Power BI is a great tool to present graphs and data information in an ‘easy on the eye’ format, with colour coding and filters. To help you make use of Power BI within your organisation, Signagelive has created this simple to use App.
Adding the Power BI App to your network
First, you will need locate the Power BI App within the Marketplace and add it to your network.
If you’re unsure where to find the Marketplace, or how you can add the content within to your network, please see this guide.
How to Set Up the Power BI App
You can configure the Power BI App within your library, or you can drag it into a Playlist. From there you can double click on the App to open its properties.
The first box you can see is the ‘Content to Embed’ section. You can follow the steps below to populate this box.
- Navigate to https://app.powerbi.com/
- Enter your Login details
- Open your project
- Select File, then Publish to Web
- Power BI will then give you a URL
- Copy this URL, and Paste it into the ‘Content to Embed’ section.
Once you’ve added the URL, you can configure the other properties:
- Allow Widget to Refresh - This will refresh according to the time you set as the Refresh Interval
- Refresh Interval (mins) - How often you’d like it to refresh.
- You can also set any other Conditions or Scheduling options.
That’s it! You can save your Playlist to update, and go to the Publish section to make it live across your screens.