The Signagelive Browser Player works on a range of different Browsers, the installation instructions are the same. However, each Browser version has a different configuration that should be followed for optimal performance. You can find a list of Supported Browsers/Devices here.
Setting up the Browser Player couldn’t be easier, you simply need to enter the Player URL below into the Browser of the device you’d like to use:
Player URL: https://clients.signagelive.com/browserplayer/latest/index.html
The URL will then direct to Signagelive, register, and then display a unique Activation Code on the screen. You can then use this code to activate your Browser Player using this guide.
Chrome Kiosk Mode
If you’re using Chrome, then enabling Chrome Kiosk Mode will allow you to launch the Browser Player in full-screen mode. To do this:
- Close all open Chrome windows.
- Create a desktop shortcut for Chrome.
- Right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties.
- Enter the following in the target field:
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -kiosk https://clients.signagelive.com/browserplayer/latest/index.html
To allow for autoplay of videos with sound, the following steps will be required:
- Open Chrome.
- In the address bar type chrome://settings
- Select Advanced > Privacy and Security
- Click Site Settings
- Select Sound
- Select Add site
- Enter the URL: https://testclients.signagelive.com
- Close the browser and reload Signagelive using the desktop shortcut above
Setup instructions are provided by Microsoft here.
Firefox Kiosk Mode
A Kiosk Mode is available for Firefox in version 71 (so you may need to update your browser.)
To enable Kiosk Mode, use the following target in a desktop shortcut
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" --kiosk "https://clients.signagelive.com/browserplayer/latest/index.html"
If you plan on enabling Autoplay on videos with sound, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open Firefox outside of Kiosk Mode.
- Enter the player URL into the address bar.
- Next to the address, there is a padlock and sliders icon, click this.
- There is a Permissions section, which should list “Autoplay”.
- Select “Allow Audio and Video” from the drop-down.
- Now when you launch Firefox in kiosk mode video will autoplay with sound.
Safari Kiosk Mode
Safari does not support Kiosk Mode by default, to achieve this you need to use a third-party iPad Kiosk configuration tool.
The only option Apple provide is Guided Access mode, where you can lock down the iPad to a single app, but this still displays the address bar in the browser. You also then have to limit the websites the iPad is allowed to visit.
How can I find out more about the Signagelive Browser Player?
You can find out more about our Browser Player by viewing the articles in our Browser Player section here. We also have a dedicated Support Team that are ready to assist you with any questions you may have, so please contact us for any help you require.
Please sign in to leave a comment.