Which desktop browsers and devices support the Browser player?
- Chrome (tested version 103.5060.53 on Windows 10)
- Microsoft Edge (tested on version 96.0.1054.41 on Windows 10)
- Firefox (tested on version 96.0 on Windows 10)
- Safari (High Sierra 10.13.3)
- Safari (High Sierra 13.1.3)
- Mersive Solstice Pod (tested firmware 5.4)
- Airtame (tested firmware 4.5.2)
- Screenbeam (tested firmware 220.127.116.11)
- Clickshare CX-30 and CX-50 (tested firmware 02.11.00-DigitalSignage-Alpha-0011)
What’s possible with the Browser Player?
- Image: JPEG, PNG*
- Web Pages
- Marketplace Apps/Widgets including Widget SDK capabilities (check our Widget Development Framework - Widget SDK page for further info)
The Browser Player is designed for short lived playback in a single screen scenario such as screensavers on-screen collaboration solutions and not for 24/7 digital signage where we have more robust player solutions.
Whilst it's unlikely that you will exhibit any problems running the Browser Player 24/7 or across large canvases (multiple screen) it’s worth nothing that the Browser Player lacks the inherent watch dogs, stability controls and configuration options found in our dedicated digital signage media players.
In scenarios where stability and extended canvases are required we recommend that purpose built media player solutions are deployed.
Please NoteImages are supported on the Browser Player, but are not supported by the Web Content Licence. If you wish to display images you will need to use a Standard Signagelive licence.
Media Playback Features
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout support.
- Landscape support only.
- Online playback of media only.
- Widgets from our Marketplace.
- Nested and Localised Playlists.
- Web Triggers
- Window Resolution Changes
System Management Features
- Application updates