The following article will show you the things you need to consider when using the synchronisation feature within Signagelive in terms of network requirements, environments and how to set this up in your network.
Watch an overview of Sync Groups
What can I synchronise with this feature?
Before beginning to use the BrightSign synchronise feature on your panels it's important to note that it is currently only possible to synchronise fullscreen videos and images across multiple Series 3 BrightSign Players.
How do I set up a Sync Group?
In terms of synchronisation, the feature you are looking for within your Signagelive network is the Sync Group function. Creating Sync Groups is exactly the same process for all Player types within Signagelive, so if you have created one Sync Group for one Player type, you'll have no problems creating another Sync Group for another Player type.
Please a take a few moments to read through the How to create your first Sync Group article and if you have any questions then please just ask our Support Team.
What are the Network requirements I must adhere to?
When setting up BrightSign Player synchronisation you must adhere to the following network requirements for the functionality to work properly:
- Ensure you are not blocking UDP multicast packets between screens.
- Ensure that UDP packet loss is minimal (Wired LAN only).
- Ensure that your Local Area Network has low latency (not slower than normal).
What Network Environment requirements must be in place?
You must also adhere to the following network environment for the functionality to work properly:
- Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 Switching Hub
- IGMP(v2) snooping Support (review multicast settings of L2 switch manufacturer)
- LAN Cabling (Maximum Length 100 meters)=> Cat.6
- 2Port Up-Link<PIM, PIM-SM> (optional) => Consider expansion in future.
- Router (optional)
How can I find out more about Signagelive for BrightSign?
You can find out more about the supported features and media for each Player type, here and you can learn more about BrightSign and Signagelive in this Help Centre section. You can also speak directly to our support team using Live Chat, and you can learn all about contacting Support, here.