The following article will show you the things you need to consider when using the synchronisation feature within Signagelive in terms of network requirements, environments, and how to set this up in your network.
Please NoteBrightSign Sync is supported on Series 3 and 4 models, and for successful synchronisation your players must be the same series as others within the group. Synchronisation between different Series players will not work. You must also have an NTP timeserver configured in your BrightSigns’ network configurations. The default timeserver is ntp://time.brightsignnetwork.com.
BrightSign Firmware for Synchronisation
If you want to synchronise an LS3, HD3, XD3, XT3, LS4, HD4, XD4, or XT4 - we recommend using firmware 8.0.102+. Please find the firmware download link for your device on our configuration page here.
Please NoteWhen syncing LS4 or HD4 players you will also need to change the Broadcast address (within the sync group properties described below) to a multicast address i.e. something in the range of 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
Watch an overview of Sync Groups
What can I synchronise with this feature?
Before beginning to use the BrightSign synchronise feature on your panels it's important to note that it is currently only possible to synchronise fullscreen videos and images across multiple Series 3 and 4 BrightSign Players.
How do I set up a Sync Group?
In terms of synchronisation, the feature you are looking for within your Signagelive network is the Sync Group function. Creating Sync Groups is exactly the same process for all Player types within Signagelive, so if you have created one Sync Group for one Player type, you'll have no problems creating another Sync Group for another Player type.
Please take a few moments to read through the Creating Sync Groups and if you have any questions then please just ask our Support Team.
What are the Network requirements I must adhere to?
When setting up BrightSign Player synchronisation you must adhere to the following network requirements for the functionality to work properly:
- Ensure you are not blocking UDP multicast packets between screens.
- Ensure that UDP packet loss is minimal (Wired LAN only).
- Ensure that your Local Area Network has low latency (not slower than normal).
- The Precision Time Protocol (PTP) multicast address 220.127.116.11 must be allowed.
- The broadcast address of the sync group must be allowed. By default, this is the local network broadcast address 255.255.255.255 or it can be a valid multicast address such as 18.104.22.168. This can be configured in the sync group properties.
What Network Environment requirements must be in place?
You must also adhere to the following network environment for the functionality to work properly:
- Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 Switching Hub
- IGMP(v2) snooping Support (review multicast settings of L2 switch manufacturer)
- LAN Cabling (Maximum Length 100 meters)=> Cat.6
- 2Port Up-Link<PIM, PIM-SM> (optional) => Consider expansion in future.
- Router (optional)
How can I find out more about Signagelive for BrightSign?
You can find out more about the supported features and media for each Player type, here and you can learn more about BrightSign and Signagelive in this Help Centre section. You can also speak directly to our support team using Live Chat, and you can learn all about contacting Support, here.