This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your LG WP webOS box to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the devices out the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support or Sales team for further advice.
Please NoteIt is also possible to configuring your LG webOS Players using USB Auto Setup You can view this guide for more information.
What do I need?
This to set up and configure your LG WP402, you will require the following:
- LG WP402
- A screen to output to
- Appropriate cables
- An LG remote control
- Connected USB Keyboard (optional)
- Connection to a wired network.
How do I install Signagelive on my display?
Please NoteDuring the configuration of the WP402 a message may appear on screen saying "No Input" (Message may vary depending on the display used), even if the device is connected. Pressing the Home or Settings button to bring up a menu will confirm if the webOS Box is connect to the display.
Text instructions for the installation and configuration of your LG webOS display can be found below:
- Power on your LG webOS display
- Select video output resolution
- Select Quick start
- Select the language in which to proceed
- Select the screen rotation and input source (if you wish to have and external source display through the device)
- Select the time zone in which the display will be used
- Select Done
- Press Setup on your remote control
- Select EZ Settings
- Select SI Server Settings
- Change Application Launch Mode to Local
- Turn on Fully Qualified Domain Name
- Type in the Signagelive Player Specific URL - https://clients.signagelive.com/lgapp.zip using either your keyboard or remote control
- Select Local Application Upgrade and change to Remote
- Select ‘Confirm’
- Select ‘OK’
- Turn display off and on again
- In Signagelive Settings, select time zone and scroll down
- Select Screen Rotation and scroll down
- Enable or disable Remote Firmware Updates and scroll down
- Save settings
Your device will now launch Signagelive and after downloading its content, will show the Signagelive activation code. This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the device has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.