Requirements before you begin:
- You must be logged into your Signagelive Account
- You have activated a Media Player on your Signagelive Network
- You have created a Playlist that you will now be ready to Publish
Now that you have activated a Media Player device on your Signagelive network, created your first Playlist and understand the interface a bit better, you are now ready to schedule and publish your first Playlist to your connected device.
Please NoteThe following article will take you through the steps of publishing a dated fullscreen Playlist only, however there are other methods as per the options below: Publishing content to show when no other content is scheduled
Prepare your Publication
To publish content to your Player/s you will need to carry out the following steps:
- When you are logged in to your Signagelive network, please navigate to the Content menu.
- Within the drop-down menu, please now click Publish.
You will now be in the Publisher area of your Signagelive network and will need to follow these steps:
SECTION - 1. When do you want this content to play?
- Within the section (1. When do you want this content to play?), please select “Between the chosen dates and times” from the options available.
- You will now need to set when you would like your schedule to start playing and by default it will add the current date and time, and you can either then choose for your schedule to “Run until further notice” or choose a date when it should stop playing. We recommend that you select “Until further notice”.
SECTION - 2. What do you want to publish?
- Within the section (2. What do you want to publish?), please now select the Playlist option.
- A “Select Playlist” window will now appear. Please use the window to locate the Playlist you would like to select to be published to your connected Player/s.
- When you’ve finished finding your Playlist, please double click on the Playlist of your choice, or click it once and press the OK button.
SECTION - 3. Which Players do you want to publish to?
- Within the section (3. Which Players do you want to publish to?), please now click the “Select Players” button.
- A “Select Players” window will now appear. Please use the window to locate the Player/s you would like to select to be published to your connected Player/s.
- When you’ve finished finding your Player or have selected multiple Players, please press the OK button to proceed.
Review and Publish
Now that you have gone through the three stages of publishing and configured your schedule. You can now either click the Review & Publish button and see a complete review of your publication, or go straight through to just publishing.
If you select this option, and you're now happy to proceed after reviewing your publication, please press the Publish to Players button to proceed.
Publish to Players
If you have reviewed your publication, or skipped that part, and now wish to publish to your Player/s please now click the Publish to Players button. You will now see a pop-up appear confirming your publication is underway and then a green pop-up will appear to confirm it has been completed.
Please NoteNow you’ve published your publication will be pushed to our server, and will shortly be sent to your Player ready for the next Content Check for the Player/s to occur. The time the publication takes to be displayed on your Player/s will rely on the following criteria:
- The frequency of Content Checks set on your underlying Player/s
- The overall size of new content required for the Player/s to download
- The speed of the Player/s internet connection
If you have any concerns about the publication not being downloaded and/or starting to play on your Player/s then you can always use the Content Progress Bar feature as discussed in this article.