The Signagelive YouTube widget allows you to show YouTube videos within your Signagelive Playlist. This allows you to show any YouTube video, live stream or playlist of videos on your digital signage displays.
Here’s an overview video of using the YouTube widget within your Playlist:
What will I need?
You will need the ‘Embed URL’ of any YouTube video, stream or playlist, which can be obtained by going to the ‘Share’ properties within the video page on YouTube and copying the URL from the embed code, which can be found by following these instructions:
- Navigate to the video or playlist in YouTube
- Select Share
- Select Embed
- Copy the URL part of the embed code (should read: https://www.youtube.com/embed/#########=1 or similar)
The YouTube widget is available within the Signagelive Marketplace for you to add to your Network now.
The steps to add the widget are as follows:
- Login to your Signagelive Network
- Navigate to Content - Playlist - Create / Edit
- Select the Upload button
- Select ‘From the Marketplace’
- Find the Youtube widget
- Select ‘Add to Network’
- Exit the Marketplace and go to your ‘Recently Added’ folder
How can I use the widget?
You can simply add one widget or even multiple versions of it to your playlist like you would any other asset, or you can use the widget icon within the layout creator to add a single, static widget to your Layout directly.
What properties can I change within the YouTube widget?
You can configure the widget properties to show either a single video, live stream or a playlist by pasting the Embed URL, found on the YouTube video itself into the editable properties of the widget.
You can also change other properties, allowing you to amend the following:
- Autoplay - This parameter specifies whether the initial video will automatically start to play when the player loads. Autoplay is applied by default
- Controls - This parameter indicates whether the video player controls are displayed
- Loop - This parameter indicates whether a single video or entire playlist will play again from the start, once it reaches the end of the last video. Loop is applied by default
- Modest Branding - This parameter lets you use a YouTube player that does not show a YouTube logo
- Related Videos - This parameter indicates whether the player should show related videos when playback of the initial video ends
- Show Info - This parameter indicates whether the video should display information like the video title or uploader before playing the video
How can I find out more?
More information about the content, apps and Widgets within the Marketplace are available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.