This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your LG webOS 2.0 displays to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the displays out the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support or Sales team for further advice.
What do I need?
To configure your display, you will need an LG webOS 2.0 panel, for a full list of supported models, please read this article.
You will require the following in order to complete the setup:
- Remote control
- Connected USB Keyboard (optional)
- Connection to either a wired or wireless network.
How do I install Signagelive on my display?
This video gives the complete overview of the installation process:
Text instructions for the installation and configuration of your LG display can be found below:
- Power on your LG webOS 2.0 display
- Select the language in which to proceed
- Select the continent in which your display will be used
- Select the country in which your display will be used
- Select the time zone in which the display will be used
- Select ‘OK’
- Select menu and content rotation (select ‘Next’ to continue)
- Select Network Settings (select ‘OK’ to continue)
- Add On/Off Timer settings if required (select ‘Done’ to continue)
- From the Source menu, hold the ‘Settings’ button on your remote control for 5 seconds
- When the chat bubble icon appears, press ‘8,0,8,0, OK’ on your remote control to access the Server Settings page
- Change Application Launch Mode to Local
- Turn on Fully Qualified Domain Name
- Type in the Signagelive Player Specific URL - http://clients.signagelive.com/lgapp.zip using either your keyboard or remote control
- Select Local Application Upgrade and change to Remote
- Select ‘Confirm’
- Select ‘OK’
- Turn display off and on again
- In Signagelive Settings, select timezone and scroll down
- Select Screen Rotation and scroll down
- Enable or disable Remote Firmware Updates and scroll down
- Save settings
Your player will now launch and after downloading its content will show the Signagelive activation code. This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the display has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.