You are now able to use Signagelive to show synchronised content across a number of devices connected to Signagelive.
The following article will show you the things you need to consider when using the synchronisation feature in terms of network requirements, environments and how to set this up in your network.
Watch an overview of Sync Groups
How would I set up a Sync Group?
In terms of synchronisation, the feature you are looking for within your Signagelive network is the Sync Group function. Creating Sync Groups is exactly the same process for all Player types within Signagelive, so if you have created one Sync Group for one Player type, you'll have no problems creating another Sync Group for another Player type.
You can learn how to create your own Sync Groups by reading this article.
What are the Network requirements I must adhere to?
When setting up IAdea device synchronisation you must adhere to the following network requirements for the functionality to work properly:
- Ensure you are not blocking UDP multicast packets between screens.
- Ensure that UDP packet loss is minimal (Wired LAN only).
- Ensure that your Local Area Network has low latency (not slower than normal).
What Network Environment requirements must I have?
You must also adhere to the following network environment for the functionality to work properly:
- Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 Switching Hub
- IGMP(v2) snooping Support (review multicast settings of L2 switch manufacturer)
- LAN Cabling (Maximum Length 100 meters)=> Cat.6
- 2Port Up-Link<PIM, PIM-SM> (optional) => Consider expansion in future.
- Router (optional)
Important note Interrupt schedules are not supported on synced devices. An interrupt schedule will break the synchronisation, and likely stop the device from functioning normally.
Setting the Windows Firewall to allow for Syncing
When looking to use sync on your PC Player, it is important to note that the Windows Firewall can be influential in ensuring this is working for you. With regards to ensuring the firewall is configured correctly, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Please right-click on the Start Windows button and then select the Control Panel option from the displayed menu.
- From the Adjust your computer's settings window, please click on the Windows Firewall option.
- On the Windows Firewall window, please select 'Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall' from the left side menu.
- On the Allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall window, please click the Allow another Program button.
- On the Add an App window, please now click on the Browse button and you will then need to locate both the Signcontroller.exe and Signagelive MediaPlayer.exe on our player. Both of these will need to be added through the firewall.
- When selecting both options you will need to click the Add button to ensure they are added to the firewall.
- Once you have allowed both through the firewall they will both now be added to your Allowed Programs and Features list. You can now click OK to finalise this process.
You have now added Signagelive to your Windows Firewall and this will ensure your sync works.
How can I find out more about Signagelive on Windows PC devices?
You can find out more by visiting our Signagelive for Windows PC Help Centre Section.