You are now able to use Signagelive to show synchronised full screen video content across several Players connected to Signagelive.
The following article will show you the things you need to consider when using the synchronisation feature in terms of network requirements, environments, and how to set this up in your network.
Please NoteThe ability to synchronise content on the IAdea Players with Signagelive can be achieved with the XMP-7300 Player and with full-screen video content only. You will also require an IAdea Anytiles licence per player in order to achieve synchronisation.
Watch this video to learn more about synchronisation:
Please NoteWhen scheduling sync to IAdea Players you must adhere to the following rules:
- All players within the Sync Group must have exactly the same number of schedules published to them.
- If you want to change the content of one player, there are two options:
- If you are changing the content “now” then you need to update the assets in the currently published Playlist and do not republish the Playlist from scratch. This will automatically be updated and keep the schedules the same across the players, not increasing the schedule total.
- If you want to forward schedule new content to a single player, then you must republish the schedules for the other players in the sync group with the same start date as the new content.
What can I synchronise with this feature?
Before beginning to use the IAdea synchronise feature on your panels it is important to note that it is currently only possible to synchronise video content on the XMP-7300 Player and it is imperative to also have an IAdea Anytiles licence per player. There is no limit on how many Players can be synchronised.
How would I set up a Sync Group?
In terms of synchronisation, the feature you are looking for within your Signagelive network is the Sync Group function. Please take a few moments to read through the Creating Sync Groups and if you have any questions then please just ask our Support Team.
What are the Network requirements I must adhere to?
When setting up IAdea Player synchronisation you must adhere to the following network requirements for the functionality to work properly:
- Ensure you are not blocking UDP multicast packets between screens.
- Ensure that UDP packet loss is minimal (Wired LAN only).
- Ensure that your Local Area Network has low latency (not slower than normal).
What Network Environment requirements must I have?
You must also adhere to the following network environment for the functionality to work properly:
- Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 Switching Hub
- IGMP(v2) snooping Support (review multicast settings of L2 switch manufacturer)
- LAN Cabling (Maximum Length 100 meters)=> Cat.6
- 2Port Up-Link<PIM, PIM-SM> (optional) => Consider expansion in future.
- Router (optional)
Important NoteInterrupt schedules are not supported on synced Players. An interrupt schedule will break the synchronisation, and likely stop the Player from functioning normally.
How can I find out more?
You can find out more by visiting our Signagelive for IAdea / ViewSonic / Planar Players site, or by reading the articles within the IAdea / ViewSonic / Planar Help Centre Section. You can also contact our Signagelive Support Team here for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.