Requirements before you begin:
- A supported Signagelive player (Brightsign) activated against a valid Signagelive licence
- A Nexmosphere controller and element
Overview and Configuration
Nexmosphere controllers and inputs
Nexmosphere boards use inputs (labeled 1 to 8 or higher) which will allow you to detect if a user interacts with the board, and enable the device to trigger an interrupt event as a result.
Please NoteIf you are matching the Brightsign setup in the video above, your device must have at least the minimum recommended firmware. To check you have this firmware see our BrightSign configuration page.
The XN8 board, shown in our video above, includes 8 X-Talk interfaces, that your users can interact with:
- X-talk interface 001 5. X-talk interface 005
- X-talk interface 002 6. X-talk interface 006
- X-talk interface 003 7. X-talk interface 007
- X-talk interface 004 8. X-talk interface 008
Your Nexmosphere element
A Nexmosphere element is any device that is plugged into the above-mentioned interface. These include devices from BrightSign's XN, XC, XM series and will be the item that is interacted with by a user. These devices include things like button pushes, IR receivers, and RFID sensors.
Please NoteFor a full list of Nexmosphere commands, please see their own quick start guides in the Nexmosphere Support Documentation: https://nexmosphere.com/support-documentation/
Configure a Serial Interrupt in Signagelive
After you have made a note of your Nexmosphere input command, you will want to navigate to the Serial Devices section (Settings > Serial Devices):
- Click on the Blue plus icon to the left of this page
- Select “New Serial Device”
- Assign a name for this Serial Interrupt. Make it unique to the board being used for this Serial Interrupt
Baud rate: 115200
Flow control: None
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Your players port number will vary dependent on the player type being used.
Your Nexmosphere device should be connected to your chosen player, before an interrupt is published, in order for the trigger to show on the media player
Publishing your interrupt in Signagelive
- From the main Signagelive navigation bar, select Content > Publish
Step 1: When do you want the content to be displayed on screen?
- Choose “As the result of a trigger”
- Select “Serial Device” as your start trigger and select the instance you created earlier:
For ending an interrupt, we recommend that you setup a single second long asset to trigger as a second Start Interrupt event, on the opposite interaction to the one your user makes. For example, the 'pick up' opposite interaction would be 'put down'. This will end the interrupt as soon as the user puts the element back on the board.
Once the Serial Interrupt instance has been selected, the UI will require you to specify the input command you wish to target on your Nexmosphere board:
A typical input command from Nexmosphere:
X001 (X-talk interface) A (Element command) to make this input: X001A
Each element has its own element command which can be found on the quick start guides on Nexmospheres Support Documentation.
Step 2: Duration & Content
- Set a Configured duration you wish this interrupt to play for
- Select the content you wish your player to show, once the trigger event takes place - 'Media Asset, Playlist or Layout'
- Choose the player that you have your Nexmosphere board connected up to as your interrupt player
- Then press 'Publish to Players' to complete the process
Please sign in to leave a comment.