The following guide details the current content and feature support of the Signagelive for the Amazon Fire TV and Sticks. For a full list of Support File Types and Features please see this table.
Please NoteAs Fire TV is a consumer product, it does not support Offline playback at this time. This means you will need a stable internet connection to display your content. If you lose internet connection then a message will appear onscreen advising you to connect your device.
Supported File Types and Codecs
- Image: JPEG, GIF
- Video Container: MP4, MKV, WebM (Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen+)
- Video Codec: H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC) - Main profile supported by Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), Main 10 profile supported by Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV 2nd Gen+, VP9 (Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen+)
- Audio: MP3, M4A,AAC,AC3
- RSS/MRSS feeds
- Full Screen and Multi-zone support
- Web Triggers
- Proof of Play
- System Reporting
- Scheduled reboots
As a consumer device that you’ll be more used to watching movies on, there are naturally some limitations that come with using it for digital signage. To help you make an informed choice we have listed these below:
- Remote screenshots are not supported
- Firmware updates are not available through Signagelive but will be delivered via the Amazon OS.
- Temperature reporting is not supported
- Multi-video is not supported.
- Web content will only display correctly if it scales properly for low resolutions. The resolution of the FireTV stick is fixed at 960x540 and then scaled up to 720p, 1080p, or 2160p.
Due to the limitations of the processing power of these devices, we would recommend testing the content you wish to display beforehand. 30-day trial licences are available for this purpose and can be requested from your Signagelive account manager or via our Contact Page.