Creating a Bootable Clonezilla USB (Windows Only)
The first stage of being able to load your Signagelive image onto your hardware device is to create a bootable Clonezilla USB device which will need to be inserted upon the boot-up process of the player. To create a bootable USB device please follow these steps:
- Firstly download the Tuxboot software application - Download Here
- After downloading, please launch the Tuxboot application on your PC.
- Within the top On-Line Distribution option, please select Clonezilla_live_stable (if not already selected) and then press the Update button.
- Please now ensure the Type drop-down is set as USB Drive and the Drive option is set to be the correct drive reference.
- You can now leave all other options and press the OK button to proceed.
- When you have done this a Downloading Files process will begin and you will begin downloading the relevant files to your USB. Don't be concerned about the destination being C:/ at this time, it will switch to D:/ shortly after the first stage.
- Once the files are downloaded (around 131 megabytes) you will begin the second stage of extracting and copying the files to your USB drive.
- When this is complete you will pass through stages three and four until completion.
After you have done this you will be prompted to restart the PC to finish the installation, however if this is just a USB creation then you can press EXIT and now use the USB to load Clonezilla on your hardware player.
To load the USB on your hardware player you will need to use the BIOS to point at the USB drive.
Using Clonezilla to load your Signagelive Image
With the Clonezilla USB key inserted into your hardware device please power on your hardware player and use either the DEL or F2 keys to enter the BIOS. You will need to make sure that your hard drive boot priority is the Clonezilla USB key upon launch and this will then launch Clonezilla.
With Clonezilla launched you will need to follow these steps:
- On the first Clonezilla page, please select Clonezilla Live (Default settings, VGA 800 x 600) or if you desire other suitable resolution options. You will need to select this setting regardless of the resolution.
- On the What language do you prefer, please select your desired option by pressing enter (return).
- On the Keymap Records window, please just leave the setting as Don't Touch Keymap and proceed by pressing enter (return).
- On the Start Clonezilla window, select the default option Start_Clonezilla by pressing enter (return).
- On the next warning screen, please just select device-image, work with disks or partitions using images by pressing enter (return).
- On the Mount Clonezilla Image Directory window, please select the default option local_dev by pressing enter (return).
- You will now receive a message relating to wanting to use a USB device as a Clonezilla image repository. It is at this point you insert the external drive that holds your intended Signagelive hardware image.
- When you have done this you will automatically proceed with the processing beginning with your USB device being found. The last message of this process will state Attached Enclosure Device and it is at this point you will need to press enter (return) to proceed.
- On the next Opensource Clone System window, you will now need to select the drive where your Signagelive hardware image is currently stored. In our example this is the lowest option, however this may differ for you, so when selected you can proceed by pressing enter (return).
- On the Which Directory window, you will simply need to select the directory your Signagelive image file is stored on your external drive. In our example, our image file is within the top directory. When selected you can proceed by pressing enter (return).
- You will now be presented with a File System Disk Space Usage screen. At this point, just press enter (return) to proceed.
- You will now be asked to choose the mode to run the Wizard and at this stage please just leave it on the default Beginner Mode: Accept the default Options mode. After making this selection please press enter (return) to proceed.
- You will now be asked to select your mode and for this you will need to select the restoredisk option as this will ensure your image is restored (loaded) to your intended hardware device. After making this selection please press enter (return) to proceed.
- You will now need to choose the image file to restore and will need to find the image you wish to load to your hardware player. In our example, we are loading the Nexcom NDiS 166 Windows 7 Professional 64bit image. After making this selection please press enter (return) to proceed.
- You will now be asked to select the target disk, however there is usually only one option on this screen due to previous settings you have made within the Clonezilla configuration process so please press enter (return) to proceed.
- You will now be prompted about running the command directly in future and be presented with two separate warnings about whether you are sure you definitely wish to continue with loading the selected hardware image. If you are sure you wish to continue then type the letter Y (for Yes) at both prompts you are shown and then press enter (return) to proceed.
- Congratulations the imaging process is now almost complete and Clonezilla will now begin loading the Signagelive image to your hardware player and you will be presented with a series of loading screens as per below. You will now need to wait for this loading process to be completed.
- When this is complete you will be told on the screen and you can then restart the player with the instructions provided. Remember to remove the Clonezilla USB key now from your hardware player and your hardware player will now launch with the image loaded correctly.