Where can I find the News Apps?
You can find a selection of News Apps within the Signagelive Marketplace:
- Al Jazeera
- CBC Canada
- Yahoo News
- Sydney Morning Herald
- New York Times
- China Daily
- The Guardian
- The Straits Times
- La Gazzetta dello Sport
- RTBF (French language)
- VRT (Dutch language)
Each of these can be used to show feeds and articles from your selected source on a constantly updating basis. Once you have located the News Apps in the Marketplace, you can add the ones you like to your network by clicking on the blue + button.
If you aren’t sure how to use, or where to find the Marketplace, please see this article.
Please Note:To allow these apps to work on a secure network please ensure that Signagelive Proxy IPs are allowed through the firewall. For information on how to do this please see the relevant section in this article
How do I Use/Customise them?
Your News Apps will work like any other Media Asset. Add one (or more) to a playlist and enter the Asset Properties to customise them.
Inside Asset Properties, you will be able to:
- Choose a specific feed topic. For instance: Business, Technology, Politics etc
- Set the Article Display Time (How long each article in the feed should display on screen for)
- Change the background colours to suit your personal preference
- Change the colour of the text, titles and feed content
- Change the Publication Date Format (How do you wish the date of each feed post to be displayed)
Once your App is configured, simply save your playlist to automatically update your screen, or move on to the Publish page to push this new widget to any of the player on your network.