Please NoteYour Chrome device will need a Chrome Device Management Licence (CDM), and you will need to configure the Signagelive application within the Google Management Console (GMC). There are additional costs associated with this that will need to be discussed with your Google supplier.
Using the Google Management Console to configure your Chrome players
You will need to create a policy to configure your Chrome devices so they run Signagelive in Kiosk mode. Once you have created the policy, any device assigned to it will automatically install Signagelive, and launch our app when the device is powered on or rebooted.
Before creating your Device Policy, you will first need to go to Manage Organizational units and add a new Organizational unit for your digital signage players. You may wish to call this; Signagelive Digital Signage Players
Create your Device Policy
Now you have an Organisational Unit, you will need to create a Policy that defines the behaviour of your devices. To do this:
- Locate the Devices menu to the left then open Chrome > Settings > Device Settings
- Locate and select the Organizational Unit you previously set up (Signagelive Digital Signage Players) on the left side of the page.
- Configure the policy of your Organizational Unit by choosing values for each of the settings below. (Use default values where the settings available are not listed below).
Device Settings tab
Scroll down to Sign-In Settings and change the following settings:
- Guest Mode: disable Guest Mode
- User Data: set to “Do not erase all local user data”
Scroll down to Device Update Settings and change the following settings:
- Auto-Update Settings: Device Updates > Block Updates
- Press Save located at the top right-hand corner of the screen
Next, you’ll want to add the Signagelive Chrome Application to your Kiosk Settings. This can be done by heading to Devices > Apps & Extensions > Kiosks.
- Hover over the yellow plus + icon located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and select Add From Chrome Web Store
- Search ‘Signagelive’ in the Chrome Web Store and click on the Signagelive app
- Press Select at the top right of the screen
- Auto Launch App: set to Signagelive
- Click on the app and ensure that Screen Rotation is set to Allow Device To Set
When making any changes to your Organizational Unit within the Google Management Console, please be sure to regularly save changes using the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the page. This button will appear whenever a change is made.
Enroll devices and set up your Displays
Once your Organization Unit and Device Policy are set up you can configure your Signage Players with the following steps;
- Enroll your Chrome device(s) using this Guide
- Assign your Chrome device(s) to the Organizational unit Signagelive Digital Signage Players
Once your Chrome devices have updated with the policy you’ve configured then Signagelive will start up and display an Activation Code that is unique to each player. You can now pair this code to a Signagelive licence to complete the activation. Please see the guide for this here.
Useful keyboard shortcuts for Chrome:
- CTRL+SHIFT+1 = Info Window
- CTRL+SHIFT+2 = Settings Page