Using the Google Management Console to configure your Chrome players
You will need to create a policy to configure your Chrome devices so they run Signagelive in Kiosk mode. Once you have created the policy, any device assigned to it will automatically install Signagelive, and launch our app when the device is powered on or rebooted.
Before creating your Device Policy, you will first need to go to Manage Organizational units and add a new Organizational unit for your digital signage players. You may wish to call this; Signagelive Digital Signage Players
Create your Device Policy
Now you have an Organisational Unit, you will need to create a Policy that defines the behaviour of your devices. To do this:
- Go to Device Management and select Device settings
- Select the Organizational unit Signagelive Digital Signage Players on the left side of the page.
- Configure the policy by choosing values for each setting below. (Use default values where the settings available are not listed below) .
Sign-in Settings Guest Mode:
- Set to “Do not allow guest mode”
- User Data: set to “Do not erase all local user data”
Device Update Settings
- Auto Update: set to “Stop auto-updates”
- Kiosk Apps: Add the Signagelive player using this link: Signagelive in Chrome store
- Auto-Launch Kiosk App: set to Signagelive
- Screen Rotation (Clockwise): set to “No policy set..."
Enroll devices and setup your Displays
Once your Organization Unit and Device Policy are set up you can configure your Signage Players with the following steps;
- Enroll your Chrome device(s) using this Guide
- Assign your Chrome device(s) to the Organizational unit Signagelive Digital Signage Players
Once your Chrome devices have updated with the policy you’ve configured then Signagelive will start up and display an Activation Code that is unique to each player. You can now pair this code to a Signagelive licence to complete the activation. Please see the guide for this here.