This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your Philips 10" D-Line Player to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the displays out the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support or Sales team for further advice.
Requirements before you begin:
- 10" D-Line Philips Player
- Remote control
- Connected USB Keyboard (optional)
- Connection to either a wired or wireless network
- USB external storage device containing the extracted Signagelive_apk file on its root
This article is specifically for the 10" D-Line Philips Display, if you would like to see instructions for any other D-Line model, please see this article for more details.
How do I install Signagelive on my display?
Text instructions for the installation and configuration of your Philips Player can be found below:
- Power on your Philips Android SoC display
- Select the language in which to proceed (press Start to continue)
- Choose either Ethernet (wired) or Wireless network connection (press Next to continue)
- Select Skip when you reach the Signage Display settings page
- Select Finish to return to the Source menu
- Insert the USB storage device containing the Philips Signagelive Player APK file (which must be extracted to the root of the USB storage device)
- On the Philips 10” screen press and hold the Power button and simultaneously press Volume Down twice to enter admin mode (If asked for a password, the default is 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Within the Admin Mode menu, select Apps
- Navigate to the File Manager (and select Open)
- Navigate to the MNT Folder (and select Open)
- Navigate to the usb_storage folder (and select Open)
- Open the Signagelive_apk file (select Open)
- Select Install
- Once the app has finished installing, select Done
- Use the return key on the android touch screen UI (3 buttons at bottom of the display)
- Navigate to Settings (select Open)
- Select Signage Display
- Select Custom App
- Select the Signagelive App
- Select Save
- Return to the Settings page
- Ensure the Android timezone is configured correctly on the player:
- Navigate back to Settings
- Go to Date and Time Settings
- Check that the correct timezone is set for your player
- Press the Home button on the remote
- Navigate to Advanced Configuration
- Select Date and Time
- Select Daylight Saving Time
- Ensure that the daylight saving time settings are correct for your timezone
- Return to the Apps menu and select Signagelive to launch the application
- Save when you reach the Signagelive Settings page
Your player will now launch and after downloading its content will show the Signagelive activation code. This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the display has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.