This support documentation will assist you in configuring the Power BI Report/Dashboards you would like to display on your Signagelive players.
Please NoteIf you are using the BETA version of Power BI Widget, please replace it for the newly released stable version of this Widget that is now available in the Signagelive Marketplace. Please follow the steps in this article for tips on how to do so.
Accessing Data Integrations and adding Power BI
First, you will need to navigate to the Data Integrations network application. To do this, follow this article.
When you are within the Data Integrations area, you will need to find the Power BI app by carrying out the following steps:
- Click on the Power BI app and Click “Add”
- Power BI should now sit within the “My Integrations” section.
- Click on the Power BI app and select “Manage”.
Here you will be able to create a new Power BI connection to capture a Report or Dashboard by selecting the plus box. You will also be able to see any other Report/Dashboards you have created and their status.
- As a last step, please select the plus box.
Configure your Power BI Account and first Report / Dashboard
To configure your Power BI account, you will need to carry out these steps:
- Details: From here you will need to give your dashboard a name i.e. “Sales KPI” in the details section.
- Synchronization Schedule: You can choose between every X minutes (Between 5 minutes and 60 minutes with 6 option as per the picture below) or you can select a specific time of day, every day and the time zone this update happens in. This sets the default time your Report/Dashboards will synchronize.
- CAPTURE Section: You will need to add an account for the very first time. Here you can click on the “Add account” button. This will open a pop-up window asking to enter the Power BI credentials to grant access to the Microsoft API.
- Accounts: You can add an account while configuring the Capture section or you can open the Accounts tab on the left hand side. The account tab gives the option to add new accounts by clicking on the Plus button As well as show any existing account already added to your Power BI app which can only be deleted. No user credentials are stored (password) as this will grant access to the Microsoft API only.
- Capture Account: At this stage you should be able to select your account from the dropdown menu.
- Workspace: You can now select the Power BI workspace from the dropdown menu
- Capture Type: You will need to choose if you want to capture a report or a dashboard from your Power BI workspace.
- Report / Dashboard selection: Here you can select which Report or Dashboard you want to capture. The selection will generate a real time preview
During the beta and initial release you will be able to interact with menus/button that allows you to change the preview but those will not change the Power BI report/dashboard capture taken.
Once completed, you can now save your Capture.
Please Note - SyncMake sure to turn your Sync ON and save once completed. This will allow your dashboard to synchronize as instructed.
Congratulations, you’ve configured everything you need for your Power BI Report or Dashboard. You may see that your dashboard is listed as “awaiting synchronization” until it does its first sync.