You can use the Signagelive BrightSign config tool to update the time-zone settings on your BrightSign Player. To do this, you will require the following:
- BrightSign Player
- Micro SD card
- Laptop and Micro SD card reader
Follow the simple steps below to configure the time-zone settings of your BrightSign Player:
- Open the BrightSign Config Tool
- In the Configuration section, select the time-zone of the player you are configuring
- Press ‘Generate’ - this will create a file named "settings.json" which will be added to your downloads
- Insert the SD card into the SD card reader of your laptop
- Create a folder at the root of this SD card, and name it Data
- Add the "settings.json" file to the Data folder
- Remove the SD card from your laptop and insert it into the BrightSign Player
- Power cycle your Player
When your BrightSign Player powers on, it will now have been updated to the time-zone settings chosen during the above configuration process.
If you have any issues with the time-zone configuration options, we suggest that you ensure http://time.brightsignnetwork.com can be reached through your network / firewall. You can read more about any specific URLs / IPs that may need to be whitelisted in this article.