You can use the Signagelive BrightSign config tool to update the time-zone settings on your BrightSign Player. To do this, you will require the following:
- BrightSign Player
- Micro SD card
- Laptop and Micro SD card reader
Please NoteYou can find a list of the Supported Timezones for BrightSign Players here.
Follow the simple steps below to configure the time-zone settings of your BrightSign Player:
- Open the BrightSign Config Tool
- In the Configuration section, select the time-zone of the player you are configuring
- Press ‘Generate’ - this will create a file named "settings.json" which will be added to your downloads
- Insert the SD card into the SD card reader of your laptop
- Create a folder at the root of this SD card, and name it Data
- Add the "settings.json" file to the Data folder
- Remove the SD card from your laptop and insert it into the BrightSign Player
- Power cycle your Player
When your BrightSign Player powers on, it will now have been updated to the time-zone settings chosen during the above configuration process.
If you have any issues with the time-zone configuration options, we suggest that you ensure http://time.brightsignnetwork.com can be reached through your network / firewall. You can read more about any specific URLs / IPs that may need to be whitelisted in this article.
How can I find out more?
If you have any additional questions about changing the configuration of your BrightSign Player, please consult the BrightSign Knowledge Base, or speak with the Signagelive Support Team by contacting us.
Article is closed for comments.