For users looking to migrate their ChromeOS application from the Marketplace version to the Self Hosted Application you will be required to following the below instructions to configure this process:
You must be an administrator of your Chrome Enterprise workspace to complete these steps.
How to uninstall your current Signagelive application
- Please begin by deactivating the licence associated with your device in the Signagelive user interface (see this article for guidance).
- In the Google admin management panel please go to Devices > Chrome Management > Apps and extensions
- Please now uninstall your previous Signagelive application.
Depending on your installation policy you will need to remove it from the top-most level of the organisational unit in which it has been assigned. Alternatively if you are installing on a smaller organisation unit before launch then you can temporarily just set this to Not Installed until your testing is complete.
We supply two versions of the Self Hosted Application; Latest (recommended as this is updated) and specific versions (which are not updated).
Installing the Latest Self Hosted Application
- Please now click the + button and then select Add Chrome app or extension by ID from the menu.
- To add the latest application, in the Add Chrome App or extension by ID window, please enter the Extension ID: gheplijojgcchgoohobjjmclegekdlnb
- On the dropdown field, click From a Custom URL and add the following as your URL: https://clients.signagelive.com/chrome/latest/updates.xml
- To add a specific version please refer to the information below for the ID and Url
- Please now click Save - this application will now be deployed to the chosen devices when they have synced the policy change. This will then run the Signagelive application as a kiosk app. From here you can login and go back to your chosen Signagelive network and activate the device.
- Extension ID: gheplijojgcchgoohobjjmclegekdlnb
- URL: https://clients.signagelive.com/chrome/latest/updates.xml
- Extension ID: ifciognncimplppfdoheplnifldimidb
- URL: https://clients.signagelive.com/chrome/1.91/updates.xml