Requirements before you begin:
- A supported Philips SOC device for use with Signagelive
- A Teamviewer account which you can connect and control your Philips devices
If you are looking to use the Teamviewer solution with your Philips SOC device, then it is possible to manage your signage device and also install, configure and remove the Signagelive application.
All D-Line and P-Line Monitors from Philips will have the TeamViewer Android Host Application included in their Firmware. The New Q-Line and T-Line can also be managed with the Android Host. Further information can be found here.
Finding the Teamviewer Host application on your Philips display
- Please power on your Philips SOC device.
- Using your remote control, press Home, 1,8,8,8 (If asked for a password, the default is 1,2,3,4)
- From the main settings menu, please now click Apps
- Within the Apps area please now find the Teamviewer logo icon named Host and click on this.
- You will now need to link your Philips SOC device to your Teamviewer account, and therefore will need to enter your Teamviewer account username and password.
- Once added and linked, you will likely be asked by Teamviewer to authorise this new device to your account and therefore please follow the instructions given in your email as you should receive one to the email address used.
- Once authorised, you will find that the device has been added to your Teamviewer account under My Computers in your Teamviewer Computers and Contacts area.
- Please now click on this Player TPV_*** and you will soon be connected to the device.
Installing Signagelive via Teamviewer on a Philips SOC display
- Once connected to the device, if you do not have Signagelive installed on your Philips device then please firstly download the Philips Signagelive Player APK file; you will need to extract this file from the .zip folder and place this Signagelive.apk file somewhere easy to find on your computer.
- Now back with Teamviewer using your remote connection, please click on File Transfer and you will be asked by the Philips device whether you approve access to the Philips media folders and storage. Please click Yes to proceed.
- Please now use the Teamviewer File Transfer option to move the Signagelive.apk to the External Storage > DCIM folder. Once done, you can close the Teamviewer File Transfer window.
- Now, using the Philips SOC device menus click on File Manager
- Please now click on the Internal folder
- Please now click on the DCIM folder; you will be prompted to make a menu selection - Click Open
- Please now click on the Signagelive.apk file that should be shown and then select Open
- You will now be prompted to install Signagelive and can click Install to proceed.
- Signagelive will now install and you will be presented with a App Installed window if successful. You can now click Done to proceed to the next step.
- Please now move back to the main Admin menu and click Settings
- Please now click Source Settings
- Please now click Custom App
- Please now click Select App from the menu pick Signagelive, then click Save.
- You can now launch Signagelive as an application and you will be taken to the Signagelive Setup screen.
This video gives a complete overview of the installation process:
The remaining configuration steps can be found in our current support articles as per this article.