In some rare cases, you may need to retrieve application logs from the PC Appliance media player to help us better understand the nature of the problem. Follow these steps to retrieve Signagelive logs:
- Use the steps in How do I exit out of the Signagelive app? to get back to the desktop
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window
- Type in %APPDATA% and Press Enter
- In here, click on the Signagelive folder
- Highlight all the files and folders that mention ‘Logs’
- Right Click and send these files to a Compressed (Zipped) folder
- Paste the contents onto your local desktop (if accessing the device remotely) / USB stick plugged directly into the PC player
- Attach your results to an email directed to firstname.lastname@example.org to generate a new ticket, or if you currently have a ticket open just respond to your current case with us.
Our team will then look through the log files, and let you know if we are able to diagnose the problem.
The Event Viewer* program can also offer a good insight into any Windows-related issue that could lead to the Signagelive app crashing or the OS failing to operate normally.
* - Support on how to get these Application logs from this program are outside of our remit, but there are multiple resources available online that can assist with getting any relevant and timely information over to our team for further inspection.
Article is closed for comments.