If your Signagelive PC Appliance is using Windows 10 Enterprise then it will be using the Shell Launcher functionality to launch Signagelive and keep this running in the unlikely event of an issue. In this event, there are certain steps you will need to follow to close Signagelive and ensure you can return the Windows desktop.
The steps are as follows:
- Open Task Manager on the PC Appliance media player
- Find the process called ‘Shell Launcher’
- End this process by clicking on End Task
- Scroll to the top of the list
- End the Signagelive process
- Your player will now go black in the background
- In Task Manager, click on File > New Task
- Type in ‘explorer’ and press Enter to open the Taskbar and Windows Desktop
This should be done at your own discretion, and any major changes to the image as it is shipped should be disclosed to our Support Team before opening any cases regarding unexpected player performance.
If your PC Appliance is using Windows 10 Professional, then you will not have the Shell Launcher functionality and terminating the Signagelive client is as simple as pressing the ESC key a couple of times to return to the Windows desktop.