How to use Signagelive in Interactive Kiosk Mode on your Electron Player
The interactive kiosk mode is designed for interactive kiosks use-cases. While in interactive kiosk mode the Signagelive client will show static, scheduled content when it is not being used and interactive content such as a web application when it is.
Enabling Interactive Kiosk Mode
On your Electron device, use a keyboard to press CTRL-S.
From here you will see your client settings. Enable the Kiosk mode and enter your idle timeout (this is the duration of time your content will stay on screen while not being interacted with. Once the idle time is complete, the content will revert back to the standard content you have arranged)
Scheduling interactive content to your kiosk
All default and scheduled content that is scheduled to your player will play as normal while the kiosk is in an idle state (not being used).
You will need to publish an interrupt to your player, which is triggered automatically in Signagelive when someone interacts with the kiosk. To publish an interrupt for the interactive content that shows on the player when it is being used:
- In Signagelive, go to Content > Publish > Schedules & Interrupts.
- Choose to show the content As The Result of a Trigger.
- Select to show the interrupt With a key press and on the next screen select Key T.
- You do not need to set a key to stop the interrupt and you can either choose to play to the length of the asset or playlist or for a specified duration. A specific duration will only make a difference if it’s set for less than the kiosk mode idle time.
- On the next screen choose the asset, playlist, or layout that you would like to show on the kiosk while it is in an active state.
- Select your kiosk player and press Publish.
Once the content has been successfully published, you can trigger the interrupt by either touching the screen (if touchscreen is supported on your hardware) or by clicking an attached mouse.