This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your Philips Q-Line displays to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the displays out the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support or Sales team for further advice.
Requirements before you begin:
- Remote control
- Connected USB Keyboard (optional)
- Connection to either a wired or wireless network
- USB external storage device containing the extracted Signagelive_apk file on its root
To configure your display, you will need a Q-Line Philips Player, for a full list of supported models, please read this article.
How do I install Signagelive on my display?
This video gives the complete overview of the installation process:
Text instructions for the installation and configuration of your Philips Android SoC display can be found below:
- Power on your Philips display
- Select the language in which to proceed (press Start to continue)
- Choose either Ethernet (wired) or Wireless network connection (press Next to continue)
- Select Skip when you reach the Signage Display settings page
- Select Finish to return to the Source menu
- Insert the USB storage device containing the Philips Signagelive Player APK file (which must be extracted to the root of the USB storage device)
- Using your remote control, press Home, 1, 8, 8, 8 (If asked for a password, the default is 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Within the Admin Mode menu, select Apps
- Navigate to the File Manager (and select Open)
- Navigate to the MNT Folder (and select Open)
- Navigate to the usb_storage folder (and select Open)
- Open the Signagelive.apk file (select Open)
- Select Install
- Once the app has been installed, select Done
- Use the return key on your remote control to return to the Admin Menu
- Navigate to Settings (select Open)
- Select Signage Display
- Select Custom App
- Select the Signagelive App
- Select Save
- Ensure the Android timezone is configured correctly on the player:
- Navigate back to Settings
- Go to Date and Time settings
- Check that the correct timezone is set for your player
- Press the Home button on the remote
- Navigate to Advanced Configuration
- Select Date and Time
- Select Daylight Saving Time
- Ensure that the daylight saving time settings are correct for your timezone
- Press the Source button on your remote control
- Choose the Custom source
- Within the Signagelive settings page, select your display’s Timezone
- Select any Screen Rotation (if applicable)
- Save Settings
Your player will now launch and after downloading its content will show the Signagelive activation code. This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the display has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.
How can I find out more?
For further support, please see our Philips support pages. You can also contact our Support team here if you need further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.