This article describes how to configure a list of rooms within the Signagelive Calendar Integration application and then use this list with the Signagelive Multi Room List Widget available within the Marketplace.
In order to configure a list of rooms, you must have:
- Connected Google or Office365 accounts within the Signagelive Calendar Integration application. You can use rooms from both within a single list of rooms.
- Created one or more rooms within the Calendar Integration application.
For details on both of the above, please see this Help Centre article.
Creating a Room List
- Navigate to the Calendar Integration application.
- Select Room Lists from the menu
- Click “New Room List”
- Give the Room List a Name and a Description, these will be displayed on the Multi Room Widget when published to your players.
- Click “Save Changes”
- The Room List will be saved and an API Key will be created, you will need to make a note of this, or copy it to your clipboard using the button provided, as it is required within the Multi Room widget.
- The “Add Room” button will also now be available. To add rooms follow the instructions below.
Adding a Room to a Room List
- From the Room Lists page, click the Edit button next to the Room List you wish to add a room too.
- Click the “Add Room” button
- You will be taken to the “Add Room” page, where the list of rooms will include any rooms which are not already added to the room list. If there are no additional rooms which can be added, you will be told this.
- Enter the order in which you wish this room to be displayed within the Multi Room widget.
- Click “Save Changes”
- You will be taken back to the Room List details and the additional room will be shown in the list of rooms.
Removing a Room from a Room List
- Navigate to the Room List details
- Click the delete room icon, next to the room which you want to remove
- You will be shown an alert asking if you are sure you want to remove the room, click “OK”
Setting up the Multi Room List Widget
- Login to Signagelive as an Administrator or a User
- Select Content
- Select Playlists
- Select Create/ Edit
- Press Add (blue +)
- Select From the Marketplace
- Search for Multi Room
- Click to Add the Multi Room widget to your Signagelive network
- Close the Marketplace
- Click on the Recently Added folder
- Add the Multi Room widget to the playlist of your choice
- Open the Multi Room widget properties within the playlist
- Set the API key to be the API key for the Room List you want to display
- Save the playlist
If you have already published this playlist to your players then the widget will be added the next time the player checks in, otherwise publish the playlist to your player/s.
The Multi Room List widget, displays the current meeting in the first column, and the next upcoming meeting in the second column. If there is no current meeting, the next meeting will still show in the second column.
How can I find out more?
You can find out more about the Calendar Integration and Widgets, here. More information about the content, apps and Widgets within the Marketplace are available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing [email protected].