This article describes how to configure the Signagelive Calendar Integration application and the Interactive Room Booking App, to allow for meetings to be booked directly from the Signagelive player, if the player has touch functionality.
Requirements before you begin:
- Connected Google Account within the Signagelive Calendar Integration application
- A touch-enabled Signagelive player, see here for supported players.
- Although not a requirement, generally we would recommend using Resources you have configured within your Google account, which correlate to the Room you have available.
For details on connecting your Google account, please see this Help Centre article.
Using Google Resources
Google provides the ability, when using GSuite, to configure Resources that can be booked and configured, with information, such as the capacity of the room.
Resources in this scenario would be a direct correlation to a room in your building.
If these are configured, then Signagelive will, once your Google account is connected, synchronise the resources you have access to.
These will then be available to attach to the rooms you create within the Calendar Integration application.
You will NOT be able to book meetings from a Signagelive player if you use a resources calendar as the calendar for a room, this is because it is not possible to add meetings directly to a resources calendar, the resource must be invited as an attendee to the meeting.
Therefore, you must in this scenario, have another calendar, which will be the calendar you will be using for meetings that are shown on the Signagelive App.
You do not have to attach a resource to a room to be able to book meetings from a Signagelive player.
Attaching a Resource to a Room
- Navigate to the room you want to attach the resource to
- Select the resource you wish to attach from the resource drop-down
- Click “Save changes”
Setting up the Interactive Room Booking App
Important NoteBefore starting, make sure you have the API Key for the Room you want to configure.
- Log in to Signagelive as an Administrator or a User
- Select Content
- Select Playlists
- Select Create/ Edit
- Press Add (blue +)
- Select From the Marketplace
- Search for Interactive Room Booking App
- Click to Add the Interactive Room Booking App to your Signagelive network
- Close the Marketplace
- Click on the Recently Added folder
- Add the App to the playlist of your choice
- Open the App Properties within the playlist
- Set the API key to be the API key for the Room you want to display
- Save the playlist
If you have already published this playlist to your players then the App will be added the next time the player checks in, otherwise, publish the playlist to your player/s. You can learn more about Publishing Contents in this Help Centre section.
Booking a Meeting from your Signagelive Player
- From your Signagelive player, press the Book Now or Book Future button
- Enter all the required details on the modals shown
- Click Book
- The meeting will be added, as long as it does not clash with any existing meetings.
- Signagelive will then synchronise the new meeting to the configured Google calendar for the configured room being used on the App
- If a resource is attached to the room, the resource will be invited to the meeting as an attendee.
Please NoteMeetings will use the timezone of the calendar attached to the room, rather than the timezone set in the room within Signagelive.
Please NoteWhen adding your Room Booking App to your Playlist, ensure you set the duration for long enough to allow users to select a time and enter their details. Otherwise, the app will refresh midway through the process. The longer the duration you set the better!
Which players are supported?
The following players support the Interactive Room Booking App:
- Bluefin HS-123
- Bluefin HS-124
- IAdea XDS-1078
- IAdea XDS-1588
- Philips D 10" [10BDL3051T] (see known limitation below)
Known limitation when using a Philips 10" [10BDL3051T]
When using a Philips 10" (10BDL3051T) please ensure that the device is set to use network-provided time.
To use network-provided time on the Philips 10” screen press and hold the Power button and simultaneously press Volume Down twice to enter admin mode (If asked for a password, the default is 1,2,3,4)
- Within the Admin Mode menu, select Apps
- Navigate to Settings (select Open)
- Go to Date and Time Settings
- Make sure that Automatic Date & Time is checked
- Ensure that you are using the correct timezone settings
How can I find out more?
You can find out more about the Calendar Integration and Apps, here. More information about the content and apps within the Marketplace is available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.