AdMobilize is an AI software platform that offers anonymous audience measurement. Using a camera and their online dashboard, you can measure people, crowds and vehicles.
In order to take their audience analytics to the next level, an integration has been developed to take into account the data provided by our Proof of Play module. Not only can you see how many times your content displayed, you can see how many people saw it, how long they watched for, and even how they reacted!
What do I need?
- An active Signagelive Player and Network
- Proof of Play enabled on that network
- An Authorisation Token for Proof of Play (you should request this via the Signagelive Live Chat before beginning the guide below so it is available for when you need it)
- An AdMobilize account
- A web cam
In order to successfully install Signagelive and AdMobilize, you will need to install each part separately as trying to add Signagelive and AdMobilize in a single step can cause issues.
Setting up an AdMobilize account
If you do not have an AdMobilize account already, you will need to set one up as a first step. To do this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a new account with Signagelive integration. By mentioning it is for Signagelive, the AdMobilize team will be able to set up your account as required and provide the documentation referenced below.
As part of your on-boarding you will be introduced to a member of their team. Wherever 'contact AdMobilize for support' is mentioned below, this is who you should communicate with.
The first thing you will need to do is configure your BrightSign player for Signagelive. In order to do this, please follow the steps provided in this guide.
If Signagelive is already running on your BrightSign, please move on to the next steps.
There are two elements to this;
- Provisioning your BrightSign.
- Installing the AdMobilize files.
Provisioning your BrightSign.
This is something AdMobilize will do for you. To do this you will need to supply AdMobilize with:
- The Serial Number for your BrightSign
- The Mac Address for your BrightSign
- Your AdMobilize Username
Once your device has been provisioned it will appear in your AdMobilize dashboard.
Installing the AdMobilize files
You should have been provided the set up documentation when your AdMobilize account was created. If not, please contact AdMobilize for support.
The installation guide will include Download Links for the required .bsfw file for your specific model. Once you have downloaded this file, please follow the steps below to install AdMobilize onto your BrightSign device alongside Signagelive:
- Eject the micro SD card from your BrightSign
- Insert into your computer
- Drag and drop the correct .bsfw file to the root of the micro SD card.
- Re-insert into your BrightSign
- Reboot your BrightSign.
AdMobilize will now install itself onto your BrightSign along with Signagelive. Once the installation is complete, you should see the light on your connected camera come on.
To verify that the installation has been successful, you can go to your AdMobilize dashboard. If successful, the device will show as ‘Device Detecting’ with a green icon and will be generating audience data. If this is not the case an hour after installation, contact AdMobilize for support with details of your BrightSign player and the issues you have.
Congratulations, you now have Signagelive and AdMobilize running side by side on your BrightSign. Next you will need to add your Signagelive account and map your Signagelive player to your AdMobilize device.
Adding your Account and Mapping your Signagelive Player
Start within AdMobilize and add your Signagelive account;
- Navigate to ‘Integration’ at the top right hand side of the page.
- Select ‘Signagelive’ from the apps on the left hand side.
- Click ‘Add Account’
- Enter your Display name (a name of your choosing for reference)
- Enter your Authorisation Token (previously supplied by Signagelive.)
- Click submit.
Now to map your Signagelive player;
- Remaining in the section above, click on the ‘Device Mappings’ tab.
- Click ‘Add Mapping’
- Select your Account from the drop down
- Enter your Signagelive serial number (the numbers that precede your player name in the Signagelive dashboard)
- Enter your Network ID (the numbers that follow your network name in the Signagelive dashboard)
- Select your device ID from the drop down.
- Click Submit.
If successful, you will be notified, and you will be able to view your device and the data generated within the dashboard by selecting the Signagelive app in the drop down.